• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NHS Round of Applause

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
8:05pm I did my bit. A bloke across the way gave me a friendly wave while beyond the trees I some heard metallic clanging going on. Felt a bit self-conscious as my next door neighbours who were tending their garden just stared at me.
Well - clapped.

Red Devon

Very emotional again and definitely building in momentum!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Got my timing right tonight. Was actually expecting anything, but could quite clearly hear clapping. Even heard a thank you, though not sure who in the neighbourhood is working in the NHS.

Legohead

Banned
Tbh disappointed with our lot up here in Derbyshire tonight. Plenty of people turning out clapping but seemed to peter off pretty quickly. Did our bit anyway.

geoffwp

Got my timing right tonight. Was actually expecting anything, but could quite clearly hear clapping. Even heard a thank you, though not sure who in the neighbourhood is working in the NHS.
Perhaps it was a thank you shouted to the nhs in general Hants.

DB9

Perhaps it was a thank you shouted to the nhs in general Hants.
With 1.2m people working in the NHS there are bound to be an NHS worker living near most people in the UK

Banksy

Did our clapping to an empty countryside from the front door.
But , when I went down the garden to lock up my solitary chicken a few minutes laterthere was a fantastic amount of cheering and car horns from the village a mile or two away.Didn’t hear it the other night ,must have been carried on the breeze. I stood on my own whooping and clapping again!
On another note , my granddaughter has finally got tested , result awaited , but she seems to have the symptoms and several nurses in her ward are down with it. Unfortunately , it also means the doctor she shares her flat with has also had to be isolated because of it so that’s two staff missing for the moment.

Red Devon

Let’s be avin you Ladies & Gentlemen to our doorsteps we go! #NHS #CARERS

Reactions: DB9

iscalad

Clapped in Polsloe

Oldsmobile-88

Great acknowledgement in my road.One chap on a flat roof with cymbals.
Good to see the carers from the old folks home at the end of the road come out again so we all could acknowledge them.