• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nfl 2018

mustangspeed2006

In years past, there used to be an NFL thread for each campaign, so I thought I'd start one as this season begins to take shape.

After five games, most teams seem to be evenly matched. Usually we see a number of "basket case" teams that are already out of contention by this stage, but even the Browns have managed to string a few decent results together.

The obvious standout offense player has been the Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes — I'm really looking forward to next Sunday's encounter against the evergreen Tom Brady. I've also been impressed by Drew Brees in the Saints' strong start.

At the other end of the spectrum, I've been disappointed with the Packers so far this season. Though they were unlucky with a few dodgy calls against the Redskins the other week, Sunday's derby in Detroit was a bit of an embarrassment (I think Crosby had the worst kicking stats since 2010 by the end). Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem to be in a good place right now, either.

What do you guys think? How're your teams doing so far this season?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dolphins started well but back to back defeats are a disappointing end to that run, especially Sunday’s 27-17 defeat to the Bengals (my boy’s team) after being 17-0 up. Next two games should be even stevens with a win and a defeat, but it’d be nice to see them make a rare visit to the play-offs again.

Cam Newton looks to be back too after his strop after his Super Bowl defeat.

mustangspeed2006

Dolphins started well but back to back defeats are a disappointing end to that run, especially Sunday’s 27-17 defeat to the Bengals (my boy’s team) after being 17-0 up.
Yep, I had one eye on that game on the Red Zone. It looked like a total blow-up after such a good start.

Anyone going to Wembley next Sunday?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Broncos - meh.

I'm also keeping tabs on the Buffalo Bills this season as they have already brought in Wyoming's Josh Allen as QB.

Antony Moxey

Yep, I had one eye on that game on the Red Zone. It looked like a total blow-up after such a good start.

Anyone going to Wembley next Sunday?
Two weeks Sunday isn’t it (unless that’s another one)? My boy’s going on 28th with a couple of mates to see the Jags v Eagles

mustangspeed2006

Two weeks Sunday isn’t it (unless that’s another one)? My boy’s going on 28th with a couple of mates to see the Jags v Eagles
Nice one! I looked into going to that game, but it clashes with a work trip unfortunately.

Yep, next Sunday is Raiders v Seahawks.

Antony Moxey

Two games here in three weeks - surely it’s only a matter of time before the Jags are brought over here permanently, especially with their owner buying Wembley. Wonder how that would affect Spurs.

Ashford Grecian

Still waiting for The Packers to come to the UK - they would never give up a home match though..... Rodgers still performing miracles not being 100% fit...

ecfc70

My team the Seahawks play the raiders at Wembley today, my lads working and would have tried to go if he wasn't, even though he is a bucs fan. Shame the new white hart lane wasn't ready to host, maybe next year.
Seahawks defence seem off colour so far this season and Russell Wilson seems to get sacked every quarter, they are certainly not what they were a few seasons ago.
Going on the first few weeks I would say it's gonna be a Rams v Chiefs superbowl

fred binneys head

My team is the Raiders since I started watching it on Channel 4 in the 80s.

Bring it, ecfc70..........*stands beckoning with arms outstretched*