• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season's League 1 odds

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
In this silly season for gambling looking at Oddschecker most bookies have us at 50:1 to win the division compared to skybet's 80:1 so could be an opportunity to try and wrestle some money off Mr Murdoch (if he is still in charge). At this stage the no hopers appear to be other than ourselves Morecambe and Cambridge to win but then if you look at the promotion odds we rise above Fleetwood and compete with a number of bookies with the mighty Accrington Stanley and Cheltenham so all is not lost.

Hopefully tomorrow not only the fixtures and return to training but some signing news as I am sure that the paint I am watching is dry!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don’t get why FGR at 33s and us 80s
Maybe because Dale Vince is putting millions into FGR?

robchave

Do bookies odds reflect how well that bookies actually think we will do, or is it more a reflection of where the money's going in a (so far) pretty small market? Even before any signings had been made, if some mad Grecian fan lumped a few thousand on City to win the division, our odds would quickly tumble.

sign of the chimes

Skybet odds here: https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/event/29301892

They have us at 80/1 with only Cambridge and Morecombe below so getting relegated according to skybet.

At this stage
I'd put any serious money (i.e. not mine) on either Ipswich or MK.

Wednesday are strengthening but there's something about them in general that doesn't convince. Bolton and Peterborough will be strong - but I still think there's something about the latters DNA that means their promotion two seasons ago was an accident (they'd been the longest serving L1 side for a long time before that but spent most of that time falling just short at the business end of the season - I don't think a season in the Championship will be enough to change their DNA). Fleetwood are recruiting in a way that suggests to me they won't be in the bottom 4. I