• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Season's Home Shirt - Supporters Choice

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd be very happy with any of them, but prefer number 1

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Must be a family taste then. What I would like to see on any of the kits, and I realise this isn't going to happen, is to have stripes front and back. I don't like the big block of red on the back. I also go along with the calls for a return to black shorts.
The problem with stripes front and back is unless you have a block of colour, names and numbers are difficult to read for many of us.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Maybe Carpetright were planning something along these lines and have agreed not to.

View attachment 7274
View attachment 7275
It seems that Bedale Town have no shame, not content with the sausage kit they have now gone see through! (All in a good cause of course)

Attachments

grecIAN Harris

The problem with stripes front and back is unless you have a block of colour, names and numbers are difficult to read for many of us.
It doesn't need to be such a large block though. Sheffield Wednesday had a decent enough sized squared to accommodate shirt numbers on their shirts back in the good old days if 1-14 and no names and it wasn't that encroaching on the stripes as these designs are. It's easy enough to do this and accommodate a bar between the shoulders for a name.

Antony Moxey

For once I'm with Harris. Stripes front and back rather than a block. Numbers and names can be on a small block that goes over the stripes. Besides, when all's said and done, who cares if supporters can't read names and numbers?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not really sure what the difference is between Option 1 and 3 but prefer both those to Option 2.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
For once I'm with Harris. Stripes front and back rather than a block. Numbers and names can be on a small block that goes over the stripes. Besides, when all's said and done, who cares if supporters can't read names and numbers?
I do. Not everyone has 20:20 vision and full spectrum colour. Don't be so selfish. A block big enough for number and name will solve the problem, of course but that's not what Harris said originally.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do. Not everyone has 20:20 vision and full spectrum colour. Don't be so selfish. A block big enough for number and name will solve the problem, of course but that's not what Harris said originally.
And if you're going to have a block big enough to cover number AND name you may as well have option 1 or 3 anyway. I personally prefer the whole solid back. Interesting that it's always solid red and never white. Probably for the best actually 😅

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Never liked striped backs looks messy and Sunday league. Option 1 and option 3 are so similar there’s almost no point 😂

Hate small stripes on City so option 1 is the best