• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Season's Home Shirt - Supporters Choice

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't keen on the red shorts at the start of last season but come the end of the season I was quite keen. Guess they just take a bit of getting used to.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will it be available in a long sleeve version?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will it be available in a long sleeve version?
Have they ever been?

ryancooper327

Have they ever been?
I’ve got the purple and highlighter kits in long sleeve!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I’ve got the purple and highlighter kits in long sleeve!
Will keep an eye open in the shop as I'd prefer a long sleeve shirt.

david61

I wasn't keen on the red shorts at the start of last season but come the end of the season I was quite keen. Guess they just take a bit of getting used to.
Liked the red shorts too, reminded me of my first season in 1968/69.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Liked the red shorts too, reminded me of my first season in 1968/69.
My first season too(although I didn't get to see my first live game until 71) it was this picture in the football league review that first bought the club to my attention.
Loved the red shorts with the white topped socks. A bit more distinctive than the other red and white striped shirted teams of the day.

Attachments

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
My first season too(although I didn't get to see my first live game until 71) it was this picture in the football league review that first bought the club to my attention.
Loved the red shorts with the white topped socks. A bit more distinctive than the other red and white striped shirted teams of the day.
They also had red collar and cuffs, and with this strip they were the only (UK) side no 52 in the subbuteo range! (I think I recall correctly)

onemansview

They also had red collar and cuffs, and with this strip they were the only (UK) side no 52 in the subbuteo range! (I think I recall correctly)
Didn't know about the Subbuteo kit, it never appeared in Brum in those days. Would certainly have got one, I had to paint some white stripes and sock tops on a Liverpool team instead.

onemansview

Just done some searching and it appears that you are correct. Kit No 52 was only produced for that 68/69 season, one currently going for 70 quid on E bay