• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season on the road.

les.gtfc

Colder than Oldham? Surely not!
Certainly. Only been colder at games twice. Once at Wembley v Wrexham in the FA Trophy final when most of the country was snowbound and once at Halifax in an FA Cup replay, when you literally watched the pitch turn white as the game went on. I still can't believe that game got finished. Plus to make matter worse we were bloody awful on the night and lost 2-0.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The coldest I have been at a game was Torquay of all places.
NYD 1997..The game at SJP had been postponed so my son & I went to Plainmoor.It was absolutely freezing,we were sat in the stand which probably made it worse.
We were both that cold we left early in the 2nd half.

Oldsmobile-88

Colder than Oldham? Surely not!
I’ve worn shorts at Oldham 😎
Someone from Oldham on Twitter called me a ‘silly lad’ for wearing that attire at Boundary Park 😁

LOG

There’s not many league grounds I haven’t been to, but Swindon and Leyton Orient are two of them, so I’m hoping to be able to get to both of them.
From my visits to Swindon, the standard experience is that there will only be one ticket booth open and then they'll be surprised that there are so many away fans.

tonykellowfan

Swindon is a great ground, although I would only go if the behind the goal is open, I hate watching games side on squashed in one end of a stand.

les.gtfc

From my visits to Swindon, the standard experience is that there will only be one ticket booth open and then they'll be surprised that there are so many away fans.

That's if you manage to get to the ticket booth and aren't mesmerised by the magic roundabout. :)

Grecian2K

Missed about 3 coming back from Cheltenham a few seasons back.
Didn't you realise that Malvern Road station had closed more than 50 years previously? :p

contrabombarde

Me too. Saved me a bloody fortune over the years. Here's hoping the grounds at King's Lynn, Weymouth and Wealdstone etc are fairly near the train stations.
I can confirm that Kings Lynn Station is an easy 5 minutes walk from the ground Lez. 👍

Athelstan

Me too. Saved me a bloody fortune over the years. Here's hoping the grounds at King's Lynn, Weymouth and Wealdstone etc are fairly near the train stations.
Wealdstone play at Ruislip Manor's old Grosvenor Vale ground. It is only a few minutes' walk from Ruislip station and also easily walkable from Ruislip Gardens or Ruislip Manor stations. It is the only ground I know of with a World War II gun turret in one corner.

fred binneys head

Wealdstone play at Ruislip Manor's old Grosvenor Vale ground. It is only a few minutes' walk from Ruislip station and also easily walkable from Ruislip Gardens or Ruislip Manor stations. It is the only ground I know of with a World War II gun turret in one corner.
Very little crowd trouble there though.