• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season on the road.

les.gtfc

I have a disabled persons railcard that had made all these trips possible, and it's not restricted to off peak journeys!

Me too. Saved me a bloody fortune over the years. Here's hoping the grounds at King's Lynn, Weymouth and Wealdstone etc are fairly near the train stations.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Me too. Saved me a bloody fortune over the years. Here's hoping the grounds at King's Lynn, Weymouth and Wealdstone etc are fairly near the train stations.
A long walk from Weymouth Station to the Wessex Stadium Les.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A long walk from Weymouth Station to the Wessex Stadium Les.
One of a few grounds that I always drive to.

Oldsmobile-88

One of a few grounds that I always drive to.
I would imagine FGR too 😎

Talking of train travel someone once said to me why don’t I get the cheaper specific timed train tickets rather than the open day return type...Simple,I have a habit of missing trains 😁
Missed about 3 coming back from Cheltenham a few seasons back.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love the Orient away day, can cope with it on a Tuesday as well. Morecambe is a dreadful place to go to by train. Difficult as a Saturday away day, while Carlisle is possible. Hoping Sutton come up, not sure what development work they've done since the Conifa world cup, some improvements will be needed to bring it up to league standard.
Feck all, plus they will need to grow a pitch.

fred binneys head

Can’t wait until next season and a few away trips. There’s not many league grounds I haven’t been to, but Swindon and Leyton Orient are two of them, so I’m hoping to be able to get to both of them. Plus the chippy at Rochdale and the battered chips you get at Walsall are definitely on my list. Plus barrow as I haven’t been there either. Plus Torquay and Bristol rovers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
New grounds for me will be Barrow and Harrogate. Maybe if Halifax come up I'll get to visit the Shay.

Oldsmobile-88

New grounds for me will be Barrow and Harrogate.
Hopefully those two will be early in the season.No doubt one of them will be a midweeker !

les.gtfc

New grounds for me will be Barrow and Harrogate. Maybe if Halifax come up I'll get to visit the Shay.

Make sure that you wrap up warm when you go to Barrow.

I've been there 3 times and it's been freezing every time, no matter what time of year it is. Even one season when the rest of the country was in a mini heatwave it was still bloody freezing.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Make sure that you wrap up warm when you go to Barrow.

I've been there 3 times and it's been freezing every time, no matter what time of year it is. Even one season when the rest of the country was in a mini heatwave it was still bloody freezing.
Colder than Oldham? Surely not!