• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season on the road.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I never thought I would miss the familiar M5/M6 furrow following the Grecians.I have.A few of the usual ones next season plus a few to be confirmed.
Lets hope normal service is resumed with away games next season,without any sort of restrictions in attending in these strange times.

A couple of shorter trips confirmed.The pain that is Cambridge to drive to has gone 😁.Two journeys from hell in 2019/20

Looking forward to a bit of outside dining again at Salford watching the local chavs speed past 😁if Morecambe do not go up,a visit to a wonderful pub i discovered at West End in 2019.Plus of course Carlisle which i use as a overnighter & excuse to travel up to Fort William the next day.

LOG

Just had a look at travel distances based on those clubs currently confirmed to be in L2. These are the round trips in miles, based on starting at SJP and the quickest route according to Google. The average is 453 miles 🤯

TeamRound trip
Carlisle
692​
Barrow
652​
Harrogate
584​
Bradford
564​
Scunthorpe
552​
Rochdale
514​
Oldham
500​
Salford
500​
Colchester
494​
Mansfield
448​
Port Vale
404​
Stevenage
388​
Leyton Orient
384​
Crawley
376​
Northampton
376​
Walsall
328​
Swindon
236​
Bristol Rovers
164​

Rosencrantz

Just had a look at travel distances based on those clubs currently confirmed to be in L2. These are the round trips in miles, based on starting at SJP and the quickest route according to Google. The average is 453 miles 🤯

TeamRound trip
Carlisle
692​
Barrow
652​
Harrogate
584​
Bradford
564​
Scunthorpe
552​
Rochdale
514​
Oldham
500​
Salford
500​
Colchester
494​
Mansfield
448​
Port Vale
404​
Stevenage
388​
Leyton Orient
384​
Crawley
376​
Northampton
376​
Walsall
328​
Swindon
236​
Bristol Rovers
164​
To be honest, that is kind of normal. Torquay and FGR might bring the average down a touch but it's nothing unusual really. The years when we have Argyle and Yeovil also in the same division have been a more recent thing in the last decade.

Red Devon

I never thought I would miss the familiar M5/M6 furrow following the Grecians.I have.A few of the usual ones next season plus a few to be confirmed.
Lets hope normal service is resumed with away games next season,without any sort of restrictions in attending in these strange times.

A couple of shorter trips confirmed.The pain that is Cambridge to drive to has gone 😁.Two journeys from hell in 2019/20

Looking forward to a bit of outside dining again at Salford watching the local chavs speed past 😁if Morecambe do not go up,a visit to a wonderful pub i discovered at West End in 2019.Plus of course Carlisle which i use as a overnighter & excuse to travel up to Fort William the next day.
Good to have Rochdale back on the Calendar again hopefully that’ll be on a Saturday along with Oldham and Harrogate...Leyton Orient another of my faves too.

Oldsmobile-88

Good to have Rochdale back on the Calendar again hopefully that’ll be on a Saturday along with Oldham and Harrogate...Leyton Orient another of my faves too.
I generally dislike going to games inside the M25 but the exception is Orient.A few good away days there over the years.
My last visit was the midweeker in Nov 2016.A great day on the ale around Carnaby St/Soho.
A dreadful game between two very poor sides.The Grecians won to move off the bottom of the table(iirc Watkins scored) The start of a great run that took the Grecians into the auto spots within 3 months.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Love the Orient away day, can cope with it on a Tuesday as well. Morecambe is a dreadful place to go to by train. Difficult as a Saturday away day, while Carlisle is possible. Hoping Sutton come up, not sure what development work they've done since the Conifa world cup, some improvements will be needed to bring it up to league standard.

Oldsmobile-88

Hoping Sutton come up, not sure what development work they've done since the Conifa world cup, some improvements will be needed to bring it up to league standard.
The 4G pitch will have to be replaced too.

Carlisle is just doable from Exeter on the train,though it’s very tight & a jog is reqd.
Darlington was also similar.
I’ve not traveled on the train much in the past couple of seasons.,it’s been a lot easier(& a lot cheaper)to drive especially if there are a few of us.
About to get my Senior Railcard(60 +) so may do a few next season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
About to get my Senior Railcard(60 +) so may do a few next season.
I have a disabled persons railcard that had made all these trips possible, and it's not restricted to off peak journeys!

Oldsmobile-88

I have a disabled persons railcard that had made all these trips possible, and it's not restricted to off peak journeys!
I did think of getting a disabled railcard because my hearing is knackered.
Passed the hearing test,much to everyone who knows me,surprise !

Ashford Grecian

Indeed and with no masks, distancing, jab passports, negative test results, photo ID or track and trace app....