• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season’s squad

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
His name sounds desperately like Argyle...

iscalad

His name sounds desperately like Argyle...
That'll cut the BB chants in half if we sign him.

Memphis09

In a league higher though, and sam is stronger in other aspects than stockley other than scoring
And has pace which stockley did not

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
This comes across as an agent trying to drum up a bit of business, or create a bidding war. :unsure:
It comes across as a teenager who hasn't got anything better to do.

Red Devon

Desperately want him to stay…but Sam Nombe looks to me like a classic Peterborough transfer target…would they want to risk getting their fingers burnt for the third time when signing a player for decent money from us though…I hope not

tom_ecfc

Desperately want him to stay…but Sam Nombe looks to me like a classic Peterborough transfer target…would they want to risk getting their fingers burnt for the third time when signing a player for decent money from us though…I hope not
J Clarke-Harris will be off in the summer and they will get a good fee for him. We will know they have a lot of money and Nombe is a perfect fit for them.

Red Devon

J Clarke-Harris will be off in the summer and they will get a good fee for him. We will know they have a lot of money and Nombe is a perfect fit for them.
Would be a massive blow to us if it were to happen:(

Bridgy 81

I appreciate we need to sign mostly players who are able to hit the ground running in League One but I do wonder if there’s scope for us to speculate a bit more in relation to those from non league, especially goal scorers?
For instance, Alfie May only came into league football at 24 and although he didn’t do much when he was with Doncaster he’s banged them in for Cheltenham.
Although I’ve probably forgotten someone, I can only think of Josh Coley currently who we took a chance on from Maidenhead, then before him in recent times it would be David Wheeler?
He turned out alright.
There always seems to be several prolific strikers in non league at any given time who I imagine would fancy a crack at league football.
I suppose now more teams down there are full time it maybe harder to convince someone to move in purely financial terms but surely, for the right person for us, the chance of playing and possibly making a name for themselves in the third tier would be attractive to some.
Anyway Senior Reds have a meeting with Marcus Flitcroft coming up soon.
I’ll ask him about our scouting policy and network below League Two.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I appreciate we need to sign mostly players who are able to hit the ground running in League One but I do wonder if there’s scope for us to speculate a bit more in relation to those from non league, especially goal scorers?
For instance, Alfie May only came into league football at 24 and although he didn’t do much when he was with Doncaster he’s banged them in for Cheltenham.
Although I’ve probably forgotten someone, I can only think of Josh Coley currently who we took a chance on from Maidenhead, then before him in recent times it would be David Wheeler?
He turned out alright.
There always seems to be several prolific strikers in non league at any given time who I imagine would fancy a crack at league football.
I suppose now more teams down there are full time it maybe harder to convince someone to move in purely financial terms but surely, for the right person for us, the chance of playing and possibly making a name for themselves in the third tier would be attractive to some.
Don't forget to ask Marcus if he's feeding Jay the Wallaby properly ?
UTC

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He turned out alright.
I guess obviously the safe option is to go for someone tried and trusted in the football league.

Whilst someone from Wealdstone might end up being a world beater, it's more likely they won't - unless they were scoring plenty in the national league and I'm sure there would be bigger and better options for them anyway, sadly.

Can you imagine these boards if we signed a player from Dorking who had scored 5 - 10 goals to give them a punt?