• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season’s squad

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't be surprised if he was given one more year in a player-coach capacity
That's what I'd see happening with Deano.

budegrecian

I wasn't aware that Deanno had shown any interest in coaching, unlike Craig Woodman, who has expressed an interest.
Whilst Deanno is one of my all time favourite City players, I'm told he is on very good money &, as he wouldn't be a regular starter, would need to take a significant pay cut to make this stack up, I would have thought.

Ash

I too would like A. Martin to stay. Just have a suspicion he wont. Maybe the current crisis may influence this.
Why do you think Aaron Martin won't stay? He's our best centre back by a distance but he's 30 odd so perhaps not heading back up the leagues at this stage? If you have any relevant information I'd be interested to hear it.

IndoMike

I wasn't aware that Deanno had shown any interest in coaching, unlike Craig Woodman, who has expressed an interest.
Whilst Deanno is one of my all time favourite City players, I'm told he is on very good money &, as he wouldn't be a regular starter, would need to take a significant pay cut to make this stack up, I would have thought.
Because you aren't aware that Moxey has shown any interest in coaching, it doesn't necessarily mean he isn't interested, does it?

Positive spin

Yes it was mentioned earlier in the season that Craig was already involved in coaching

andrew p long

I read an interview with Deano about a year ago where he said he saw himself as a future coach, but not a manager.

ryancooper327

I believe we’ll keep our best starting XI (whatever that is...) but will maybe need to shed a few more of the squad players than ideal. Maybe replaced by U18s more than new faces unless loans may be utilised more?

ryancooper327

Wonder if any contract extensions were organised before the lockdown, would be a bit of good news for the club to post.

Red Devon

Would like to see A Martin and Dickenson sign new deals...the other out of contract players I’d let go although I’d like to think Lee Holmes isn’t finished yet.

Positive spin

Would like to see A Martin and Dickenson sign new deals...the other out of contract players I’d let go although I’d like to think Lee Holmes isn’t finished yet.
Much as I like him as far as I can recall Lee has not played a league game so far this season and he is probably on decent money and over recent seasons he has been increasingly injury prone.
I doubt he will be retained.