• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next game is crucial

tonykellowfan

I can't help feeling that Lincoln and MK Dons will take two of the autos this season.

Which leaves one place to fight for and I fancy FGR could well be our main rivals for that spot.

Since we play FGR at home next up, I think this is a true 6 pointer.

Red Monster

I can't help feeling that Lincoln and MK Dons will take two of the autos this season.

Which leaves one place to fight for and I fancy FGR could well be our main rivals for that spot.

Since we play FGR at home next up, I think this is a true 6 pointer.
I think you could be right ,as they will get there 1.2 million from Bolton for Christian Doidge ,when the transfer window reopens .

So you would expect them to be able to bring a couple of good signings.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whatever the eventual outcome at season's end, be it autos, playoffs or mid table, I don't think many of us were expecting much more than the last of those scenarios this season.

Avening Posse

Yep, very exciting game for this point of the season. We will have to be on our game for this one. I agree that MK Dons will take some stopping now they have found their groove, and Lincoln certainly seem to be up for it as well this time. We are very decent too mind, wish I was back in the UK for this one !

David Treharne

"Crucial" seems far too definitive to use at this time of the season. There are so many variables to take into account to make a decision about the nature of the importance of the game.Like injuries to players- especially those who at the moment are scoring goals for clubs, along with the onset of winter conditions which squeeze end of season games into a three games a week scenario. There's also the potential emergence of players who will have a crucial part to play in end-of-season outcomes, or the upset in the balance of teams by swoops from higher division clubs for what they see as potential match winners. There's potential for higher league clubs to swoop for managements en bloc and the old chestnut "loss of form". So I think Saturday's match is important but, at this stage of the season, not "crucial".

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whatever the eventual outcome at season's end, be it autos, playoffs or mid table, I don't think many of us were expecting much more than the last of those scenarios this season.
Based on our business in summer and the comments from Taylor I was expecting automatics. Missing out on the autos is a failure in my opinion considering the spending he's been allowed.

malcolms

Based on our business in summer and the comments from Taylor I was expecting automatics. Missing out on the autos is a failure in my opinion considering the spending he's been allowed.
Whoosh alert...surely....

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Important yes, crucial no...

Lincoln have just dropped 4 points at home against teams we’ve beaten and although MK are on a great run they will hit a blip at some point. Just got to take each game as it comes at this stage and if we drop points on Saturday it won’t be the end of the world as we can just as easily go on a hot streak soon after.

I think we should be a top 3 team this season when you look at the spine of our team but a lot will depend on players fitness and whether we lose anyone in January.

I’m just enjoying the fact that we’re unbeaten in 11 and have some excellent players to watch each week.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
No names, no pack-drill but I hope just one of those two crash and burns. ;)

Still, I'm positive that this is our year.

You heard it here first.

ExeterCityLad

Speak for yourself. If you check out the prediction table thread, maybe of us thought we would do just as well, if not better than the last 2 seasons.