• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Four Transfer Windows

budegrecian

The Investment Proposal for the Cliff Hill Training Ground contains a paragraph on P4 relating to transfer fees & add ons. It states that: To this we have added to our prudent assessment of likely levels of future (unconfirmed) fees. The forecast fees for the next 4 transfer windows total just over £1m, significantly less than the amount predicted by the first team manager.

So, MT sees us receiving more hefty fees by the summer of 23. I'm sure he's right but who do we see leaving & what likely income are we going to generate?

In terms of 'add ons' Ollie & Ethan are the obvious big earners, with possible smaller sums from Ben Chrisene & Jay Stansfield.

In terms of potential sales we've got several potential candidates:
MJ & Super Sam will be sought after if they keep up their current form & both are on reasonable length contracts.
Josh Key was supposedly a target for Sunderland this summer & will no doubt continue to attract interest.
Alex Hartridge is improving & has also signed a new contract.
Archie is now proven & could comfortably play at a higher level IMO.
We then have the real youngsters that will hopefully come through by next season such as Sonny Cox & Harry Lee.

So who do we think will be leaving & for how much? We could turn this into some sort of prediction quiz, but in terms of fees; most of them will probably be 'undisclosed'...

tonykellowfan

I think all of our young players under contract are potential targets.

Nombe is probably the most valuable likely short term target.

He is clearly benefiting from playing every week and is showing the right attitude alongside his obvious skills and physical attributes. If he keeps banging them in he will attract interest no question about it.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well we know that we've already turned down a 1m plus bid for Key, so its fairly safe to assume we'll be getting a decent amount for him of 1m+

Last season I valued MJ at 1m but was laughed out of Exeweb by most, although I still stand by that and wouldn't want us to go much lower than 1m.

Nombe, if he hits 25 goals this season could be a 1.5m player by the summer. His age, physique, and the fact he's a true No 9 will be appealing to many clubs who would have already been aware of him.

Hartridge has been receiving rave reviews, and I think with some more time and coaching he will be a really good centre half, probably at Championship standard. Approx 750k

Collins, really difficult one to make a call on, but if he has a good season this year and adds a few goals to his game I could also see him going for around 500k - 750k.

Kite, still early in his City career and for me its too early to make a judgement on a projected figure.

AndrewP

The Investment Proposal for the Cliff Hill Training Ground contains a paragraph on P4 relating to transfer fees & add ons. It states that: To this we have added to our prudent assessment of likely levels of future (unconfirmed) fees. The forecast fees for the next 4 transfer windows total just over £1m, significantly less than the amount predicted by the first team manager.

So, MT sees us receiving more hefty fees by the summer of 23. I'm sure he's right but who do we see leaving & what likely income are we going to generate?

In terms of 'add ons' Ollie & Ethan are the obvious big earners, with possible smaller sums from Ben Chrisene & Jay Stansfield.

In terms of potential sales we've got several potential candidates:
MJ & Super Sam will be sought after if they keep up their current form & both are on reasonable length contracts.
Josh Key was supposedly a target for Sunderland this summer & will no doubt continue to attract interest.
Alex Hartridge is improving & has also signed a new contract.
Archie is now proven & could comfortably play at a higher level IMO.
We then have the real youngsters that will hopefully come through by next season such as Sonny Cox & Harry Lee.

So who do we think will be leaving & for how much? We could turn this into some sort of prediction quiz, but in terms of fees; most of them will probably be 'undisclosed'...
One other possible revenue stream....As eluded to by Julian Tagg at the Trust AGM last weekend......We have a sell on for Matt Grimes.....So if Swansea struggle and he's tempted to the Fulham advances......some more ££.

budegrecian

One other possible revenue stream....As eluded to by Julian Tagg at the Trust AGM last weekend......We have a sell on for Matt Grimes.....So if Swansea struggle and he's tempted to the Fulham advances......some more ££.
I'd forgotton about that one.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is out of contract at the end of the season, so unless he goes in the January window, that will be that. Any fee is of course good for us, but isn't likely to be enormous. I gather that Swansea are unable to afford the terms of the potential new contract which exists, and includes a large rise for Matt. Maybe the Swans will have second thoughts and want to retain him ? Watch this space as they say !

Paul condick

Not forgetting Jordan storey at pne

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not forgetting Jordan storey at pne
I see him making us more money.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
In reply to the OP I'm up for a guessing game about who is sold for significant money in the next two windows (January 2022 and summer 2022)

I guess no big sales in January and we only sell Josh Key for big money next summer! No sales of Jay Nombe Hartridge Collins Kite Sparkes Lee or Cox etc

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
In reply to the OP I'm up for a guessing game about who is sold for significant money in the next two windows (January 2022 and summer 2022)

I guess no big sales in January and we only sell Josh Key for big money next summer! No sales of Jay Nombe Hartridge Collins Kite Sparkes Lee or Cox etc
Tend to agree but wouldn't be surprised to see Jay move on if a championship club came along and wanted to take a punt, he is getting on in years now :).