• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Four Transfer Windows

Ash

Tend to agree but wouldn't be surprised to see Jay move on if a championship club came along and wanted to take a punt, he is getting on in years now :).
End of the season maybe, but in January we should be telling them to FRO

Pobbop

End of the season maybe, but in January we should be telling them to FRO
Yeah, it's not like the money is going to be Grimes/ Watkins like, we need to go for promotion, we've made a lot of cash recently, if anyone goes in next transfer window I'd be bitterly disappointed. Well maybe not Cox or Lee as they're not first-teamers, but Key, Jay, Hartridge would be a travesty for me.

AmberRed

Yeah, it's not like the money is going to be Grimes/ Watkins like, we need to go for promotion, we've made a lot of cash recently, if anyone goes in next transfer window I'd be bitterly disappointed. Well maybe not Cox or Lee as they're not first-teamers, but Key, Jay, Hartridge would be a travesty for me.
Can definitely see bids for Hartridge coming in as he's been outstanding! Considering Cox is 17 and Lee is 16, we could do with keeping them for a couple of years as they will be the ones that will earn us a Watkins/Ampadu fee!

SaintJames

Agreed. Losing either Jay or Hartridge could potentially derail us when we are gaining a real head of steam! Losing Key I would hate to see but I feel we have the squad depth that if a big bid came in we would sell. Does anyone know if Stubbs is a left footer like Hartridge?

Pobbop

Can definitely see bids for Hartridge coming in as he's been outstanding! Considering Cox is 17 and Lee is 16, we could do with keeping them for a couple of years as they will be the ones that will earn us a Watkins/Ampadu fee!
Yeah, I don't want either going FTR, I'm just saying it won't be vital to our main aim for the moment, and that's getting out of this bloody League, there's no teams to frighten us, we have depth, and quality. As seen by the celebrations after the whistle yesterday the fans are massively behind this team. Got to push it home now, and then if we go up, there's a better chance we can keep players.

Pobbop

Agreed. Losing either Jay or Hartridge could potentially derail us when we are gaining a real head of steam! Losing Key I would hate to see but I feel we have the squad depth that if a big bid came in we would sell. Does anyone know if Stubbs is a left footer like Hartridge?
Yeah, I guess Key going could mean Caprice playing in a more natural position, still think he's one of the quality players we need to keep at least until the Summer, not like there won't be bids then, if he wants to progress.

I think going to Sunderland would have been an hideous move last Summer, and he's probably happy he didn't as they start their inevitable descent into back-stabbing and hilarious disarray as they slide out of Cups and down the League, grass isn't always greener.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
From his 45 minute cameo the other day, I’d say Stubbs is right footed.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely right footed I’d say....impressive looking show reel.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing that concerns me about the next transfer window is any interest (concrete or not) that may affect some of our star players.

Josh Key has already admitted he was affected by the interest in the summer. I’d hate for our season to be derailed by a number of key players’ form dipping in the second half of the season.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing that concerns me about the next transfer window is any interest (concrete or not) that may affect some of our star players.

Josh Key has already admitted he was affected by the interest in the summer. I’d hate for our season to be derailed by a number of key players’ form dipping in the second half of the season.
There's bound to be some interest and rumours doing the rounds come January about Jay, Key, Hartridge, and possibly Nombe, but it's up to the players to stay focused and give their all for the club whilst they play here. If it's a cert one of them is leaving then MT shouldn't pick them, and likewise if they stay but their form drops then they again shouldn't be picked.

My gut feeling is we'll lose Key in January, Hartridge in the summer, and Jay will stay with us for at least another season after this one.