• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

News Story of the week (a humorous look at the news)

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't fathom this, it would make sense if coronavirus caused a violent attack of the skits. But it doesn't.
Baffled me at first but now I think -
[1] Bog roll cheaper than tissues
[2] Self isolation of two weeks could be on the horizon for some.
[3] The government should publish 'Blue Peter' type projects using toilet roll tubes for those idle moments at home (athough this could cause a run on sticky back plastic too).

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sainsburys at Pinhoe had empty shelves where there would normally be Andrex and yet right next to that there were $hitloads of own brand toilet roll , Obviously if people wanted toilet rolls that badly they could have bought those.

Alistair20000

Sainsburys at Pinhoe had empty shelves where there would normally be Andrex and yet right next to that there were $hitloads of own brand toilet roll , Obviously if people wanted toilet rolls that badly they could have bought those.
Very strange. Is there a price difference ?

DB9

Better class of panic buying ? 🤣🤣

iscalad

Shopped there this morning. Lots of empty shelves around the tinned food area as well. Didn't buy any loo rolls.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I buy the enormous cleaning rolls for my work cost me £12 a pop that would last a family of 4 for about 3 weeks going to the bog.
May not fit on the average holder but you wont run out.

Tim Long

Devon Arcade puts loo rolls and sanitiser in grabber machine.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/coronavirus-loo-nacy-devon-arcade-3929707

elginCity

What kind of nanny state lockdown is this ?

You're not even allowed to take the battleaxe out for a spin these days.

Spoonz Red E

It was COVID wot dun it.

Legohead

Banned
Anyone who buys the sun needs saving too.

Although arguably I could say that about any newspaper.