• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Fareham Grecian

Great work City. Biggest issue is losing the big man for 3 games

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
A fantastic performance given the circumstances. I really hope this gives us the springboard to push on and acts as a confidence boost. Perhaps now is Seymour's chance to shine?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
You only think it's acceptable, blimey you're a hard person to please!
I'd suggest there might be a bit of tongue in cheek behind the Trapdoor.

ryancooper327

Turned everything off and did something else. Shame about the equaliser. Bigger shame that FGR won 4-3 and Salford beat Barrow. Will be out of the play offs without kicking a ball when Carlisle catch up their games.

CWH-NYC_

Top job. Togetherness on those long coach journeys to nowhere certainly paid off.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I need a lie down. Unbelievable Jeff.

Nigel E

A really really good point. Can't believe that Newport will be in the shake up on this evidence

Feared the worst when the last subs had to be made. Very difficult for anyone to join a match like that, but you kind of understand why it had to be done.

The question is how to play without Bowman for 3 matches. Not convinced that getting Fisher to do an impersonation of him is the answer.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could anyone else hear the ghost of Eamo shouting "Shape" all second half 🙂🙏. Good point but deserved all three. That's as comfortable a second half with nine men you could have reasonably expected due to a great disciplined defensive performance. I didn't think Newport did enough to warrant a goal really and it's a shame we couldn't hold out.

jimbo-gould

To say I’m disappointed with a draw, considering at half-time I was expecting to lose by three or four shows how well we played. Well done to the 9 left on the pitch. What a difference it makes having a goalkeeper that can dominate his six yard box. Newport awful today.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Turned everything off and did something else. Shame about the equaliser. Bigger shame that FGR won 4-3 and Salford beat Barrow. Will be out of the play offs without kicking a ball when Carlisle catch up their games.
Well you're a ray of sunshine aren't you? 🤣