• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport 2 Apr 22 Discussion

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone with spare tickets? Myself and son will be in Newport as I'm picking him up from uni in Cardiff that morning and we're even dropping off a friend of his who has a ticket! Was surprised by it selling out in a day- we had it on the calendar from the moment the fixture list was out.
If your son's friend is a Newport supporter with a local address, maybe he could get you 2 tickets in the home section ? :unsure:

Boyo

If your son's friend is a Newport supporter with a local address, maybe he could get you 2 tickets in the home section ? :unsure:
Looks like it’s easy enough to buy e-tickets for the home end via their website…

Didn't we have 9000 at Liverpool? Twice as much as our home gate at the time?
I can't see how anyone could complain about that.

One off fancy game. Good time fans and do you really want that support with your 'occasionals' for a one off. My son and I were one of 276 on Tuesday and about the same a few weeks ago at Walsall. Kind of feel that because I wasn't in a priority group, I'm not in the queue. But I still will be one of the 200+ away fans on a misty Tuesday evening next November somewhere in Birmingham. Sorry.....just 'fecked off' with fair-weather fans.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't we have 9000 at Liverpool? Twice as much as our home gate at the time?
I can't see how anyone could complain about that.
But as has been said above, I'd happily go back in time and give someone else that ticket
No,
One off fancy game. Good time fans and do you really want that support with your 'occasionals' for a one off. My son and I were one of 276 on Tuesday and about the same a few weeks ago at Walsall. Kind of feel that because I wasn't in a priority group, I'm not in the queue. But I still will be one of the 200+ away fans on a misty Tuesday evening next November somewhere in Birmingham. Sorry.....just 'fecked off' with fair-weather fans.
Only 6,000, though I don't think an exact figure was ever reported. The point is that for FA Cup games away supporters are in supposed to have 15% of the total capacity but that rarely if ever happens because of the other issues / limitations. And clubs rarely bust a gut to maximise visiting supporters, for understandable reasons you tend to look after your own regulars not your opponents'. Our home capacity was then 8,350 and Liverpool brought 1,297 out of 8,298 for the match at SJP - a bit more than 15%, as it happens.

I do sympathise with the point about regular away supporters who are not in a priority group. I'm not involved in Trust deliberations any more but this was debated extensively when the priority system was being devised. Whatever categories you choose there are always going to be some who miss out on popular games and feel let down, by definition that can't be avoided; but I doubt if a fairer system is possible - and the members of the Trust are after all the owners.

I do sympathise with the point about regular away supporters who are not in a priority group.

I really do appreciate the time you've taken to explain this to me. Maybe I should become a 'Supporters Trust Member'?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do sympathise with the point about regular away supporters who are not in a priority group.

I really do appreciate the time you've taken to explain this to me. Maybe I should become a 'Supporters Trust Member'?
The forms in the post !

Red Devon

Really looking forward to this 😬 Caprice back in for Sparkes, Probably Phillips will start again and I guess we will not know whether Dieng is back until we have seen the team sheets.

tonykellowfan

I don’t see what the problem is with going in the home end for games like this. It’s not the 1970s. No one is doing it to cause trouble they just want to watch the match.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A lot of the discussion on this thread would be better in this thread

Alistair20000

I don’t see what the problem is with going in the home end for games like this. It’s not the 1970s. No one is doing it to cause trouble they just want to watch the match.
I felt quite threatened by a gang of Welsh drunkards when we sat close to them as away fans at Sophia Gardens in 2004. And that was a cricket crowd.