• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New year - new rant

Mackster

Rhodes has 5 and still 30 mins to play. 'Arry has him lined up for a replacement for Pav [tap]

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
At least we don't have the worst goal difference in League 1 anymore

Mackster

At least we don't have the worst goal difference in League 1 anymore
Still got to play Hudders - but Rhodes will be gone by then. :)

They should get £5m for him, think what we could do with that!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
But less goals in the Premiership.
Are you sure you want to make that statement? I reckon Joe Jordan saw enough before he got his fifth (so far).

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still got to play Hudders - but Rhodes will be gone by then. :)

They should get £5m for him, think what we could do with that!

I dont mean to sound harsh. But if they get offered £5m for a player whos scoring in lge 1 then they would be mad not to take it. Like him as a player alot. Seriously think he will go on and do well.

But £5m. Not worth that atm.

mammooman

Why not, Delph went for £6million I think.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why not, Delph went for £6million I think.
True. For me shows the madness and how desperate some of football has gone imho.

for me no player on a perm deal in lge 1 is worth £5m. But if Huddersfield can get it then fair play to them. Wouldnt complain if i was the one receiving it.

Rhodes is a top player at lge 1 level. For me could potentially do a job in the prem

mammooman

The lower leagues are very underestimated. There have been more than a few imported players into the PL bought at sums into the millions who have not gone onto perform, yet are still given chance after chance. If Rhodes was to underperform the media would hark on about the difference in quality between the leagues, cant hack it, not good enough.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lower leagues are very underestimated. There have been more than a few imported players into the PL bought at sums into the millions who have not gone onto perform, yet are still given chance after chance. If Rhodes was to underperform the media would hark on about the difference in quality between the leagues, cant hack it, not good enough.
Again agree just dont agree hes worth £5m at this moment in time tbh

But then again your worth what someone is willing to pay for you i suppose

Mackster

True. For me shows the madness and how desperate some of football has gone imho.

for me no player on a perm deal in lge 1 is worth £5m. But if Huddersfield can get it then fair play to them. Wouldnt complain if i was the one receiving it.

Rhodes is a top player at lge 1 level. For me could potentially do a job in the prem
Have you seen how many chance Adebayor misses at Spurs. Put him in the right team that creates chances and I'm sure he will continue to score and be worth a lot more than £5m in 12 months.

IMO this is what we need to see, money trickling down the our league rather then spending £12m on overated Russians like Pavlyuchenko