• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New year - new rant

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
They're not necerserily rose tinters either.
Talking of Old School, which one did you go to ?

Deary, deary me.

Alistair20000

Jason is Exeweb's new drama queen... What a load of bollox...
Mike

You appear to be in an unusually evil frame of mind. Wassup gaffer ?

FAN-TATIC

Talking of Old School, which one did you go to ?

Deary, deary me.
Dyslexia High School, but he was only there for a short spell.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

and dream of Maggie May.
I'm not that much of an old fart. Maggie May was a bit before my time.;)
As it is Mike, the banter I have no problem with, we all fire that back and across. The abuse and personal issues that appear in and drag through threads is something else aswell as the 'x' player is sh!t with no kind of substance to back your point regardless of how right or wrong it may be.

AndyB

I will confess to being pro Noble, although he can be very frustrating and was dire against Scunny.
I can't agree that he's a luxury though. He is the one player in the side capable of protecting the ball when in posession and while this is often seen as slowing the play down its preferable to simply hooking the ball blindly upfield and it coming straight back again. Often he holds it as noboby is giving him an option.
As for not winning tackles, he chased back won a great sliding tackle in the first half which if Dunne had made we would all be praising his whole hearted commitment and saying what an inspiration he is.
What he said. I think we can all agree that he had a bad match against Scunny. But in general I think he is one of our most important players, for the reasons mentioned by Big Nose. He can be frustrating when he tries his fancy flicks but he usually keeps possesion well, and next match just check how many times he is the player looking for the ball from our throw-ins.

And on the subject of the OP and the negativity, I just wish supporters would just try to look at our current situation and remember where we were a few years ago. Yes I know that this argument is brought up all the time but one recent result brought it home to me:
New Years Day - Blue Square Bet Premier - Braintree 3 Cambridge Utd. 2

It could be a lot worse!

IndoMike

I'm not that much of an old fart. Maggie May was a bit before my time.;)
As it is Mike, the banter I have no problem with, we all fire that back and across. The abuse and personal issues that appear in and drag through threads is something else aswell as the 'x' player is sh!t with no kind of substance to back your point regardless of how right or wrong it may be.
I just don't see that there is much personal abuse, and if it does occur it's usually a two-way thing so I just let them get on with it. Handbags. I just don't bother following it if it's one of those long, drawn-out personal dust-ups.
About abuse of players, again, I don't think many just slag off a player without some kind of reason. The question is : do fans have the right to have a go at the manager or players if in their opinion they underperform?
We love football because somehow the game gets us really involved and we go through all the emotions following a team like City. You can't sterilize that. What the hell would we talk about if we all passively accepted (in our opinion) poor play, bad tactics, bad signings etc.

Alistair20000

Mildly interesting that Villas-Boas said it was in order for the fans to express their disappointment by booing the Chelski team and leaving early during/after the Villa defeat.

FAN-TATIC

I just don't see that there is much personal abuse, and if it does occur it's usually a two-way thing so I just let them get on with it. Handbags. I just don't bother following it if it's one of those long, drawn-out personal dust-ups.
About abuse of players, again, I don't think many just slag off a player without some kind of reason. The question is : do fans have the right to have a go at the manager or players if in their opinion they underperform?
We love football because somehow the game gets us really involved and we go through all the emotions following a team like City. You can't sterilize that. What the hell would we talk about if we all passively accepted (in our opinion) poor play, bad tactics, bad signings etc.
Mike, what all of us are giving here is our personal opinion. Calling someone a thick c*nt or worse a Mong (disgraceful use of those unfortunate people) doesn't make the person wrong. What I personally object to is someone trying to impose their opinion on me. If one doesn't agree with an opinion, fine, it's no big deal. Ignore it!

Last edited:

IndoMike

Mike

You appear to be in an unusually evil frame of mind. Wassup gaffer ?
People preaching about what we can and can't say usually has that effect on me.

grecIAN Harris

You seem to be missing the point Mike, I don't mind having a go at a bad performance, I'm as guilty as anybody on here for doing so. What I don't get is the pointless having a go with no substance to back up what you're saying. If somebody has had a doomer or you think Tis has got it wrong, by all means have a go but say why you think so.