• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Steve Perryman book

I always felt we were slightly short changed in terms of players I would have expected Steve to attract to the club. In all his years of involvement I cant think of a single player who joined on loan or on a transfer as a result of Steve P?
I know this is only one, how about Troy?

Martin Weiler

I remember him in the old grandstand in the conference years trying to start a chant when we played an FA Trophy game. I'm going to say Chelmsford in a replay.
Don’t think we played Chelmsford in the Trophy. In fact we only ever had one Trophy replay - versus Billericay. Quite close geographically to Chelmsford! The first game against Billericay was just a week after Old Trafford. And we were 2 down heading towards the final whistle. Jake Edwards and Sean Devine saved our blushes and we won the replay at SJP.

Bridgy 81

Don’t think we played Chelmsford in the Trophy. In fact we only ever had one Trophy replay - versus Billericay. Quite close geographically to Chelmsford! The first game against Billericay was just a week after Old Trafford. And we were 2 down heading towards the final whistle. Jake Edwards and Sean Devine saved our blushes and we won the replay at SJP.
I remember having a fixture poster with the Old Trafford match and the couple before and after on it.
I think I had it on my office wall for a time.
I can’t recall what they were but presumably Billericay was one and the others were equally incongruous looking either side of Manchester United away.
I wish I’d kept it.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember him in the old grandstand in the conference years trying to start a chant when we played an FA Trophy game. I'm going to say Chelmsford in a replay.
Maybe Arlesey Town ? He certainly was very keen on a couple of their young players, although I think they joined the Daggers instead (who they knocked out in the previous round). One was none other than Craig Mackail Smith !

Arthur Davey

I always found him very affable in my OG days, when my kids were younger. He once babysat my youngest buay whilst I took my younger maid to the toilet in game. You wouldn't get that at a Premiersh1te club - or any other, come to that.
Also chatting to him after a game another occasion, & I mentioned that Mike Fillery lived just upstream from me. Bring him in to a game, haven't seen him in ages, he said; so I did, which they both appreciated. Got a photo somewhere of them afterwards with my youngest.
As with Tisdale, shame things soured towards the end of his time, but likewise it shouldn't detract from the positive contributions made to our Club in happier times.

STURTZ

I always felt we were slightly short changed in terms of players I would have expected Steve to attract to the club. In all his years of involvement I cant think of a single player who joined on loan or on a transfer as a result of Steve P?
Dwane Lee? Wasn't Perryman's brother the manager at Yeading or something?

fred binneys head

(Sound of barrel being scraped)

elginCity

Oscar Jansson ?

manc grecian

Kezie Ibe?

That's the one. I think their manager may have been Justin Edinburgh