• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
As much as I agree did you never watch Danny Nardiello or Jamie Cureton? Probably the best two players Exeter have ever signed on free transfers
Neither of those players (as excellent at their own thing as they are) did anything of what Spanks described 😅

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It has been very noticeable the difference in our game when he has come on. It may by a while before he starts to register regularly on the scorers list but a bit like OW there is so much more to his game then just scoring goals.
As much as I agree did you never watch Danny Nardiello or Jamie Cureton? Probably the best two players Exeter have ever signed on free transfers
It has been very noticeable the difference in our game when he has come on. It may by a while before he starts to register regularly on the scorers list but a bit like OW there is so much more to his game than just scoring goals.

The above two were very much out and out strikers mostly relying on through balls to run on to playing off the backs of defenders but also “foxes in the box” and from memory I don’t think their assists were very high.

Sam seems to have an almost indefinable quality which when he comes on builds confidence throughout the team…..long may it continue.

Briefly on the subject of free transfers they may not have been free but certainly did not cost very much coming to us from non-league Clubs…..Banksy from Cambridge City and Kells from Falmouth…..both true City legends.

sidney

It has been very noticeable the difference in our game when he has come on. It may by a while before he starts to register regularly on the scorers list but a bit like OW there is so much more to his game then just scoring goals.

It has been very noticeable the difference in our game when he has come on. It may by a while before he starts to register regularly on the scorers list but a bit like OW there is so much more to his game than just scoring goals.

The above two were very much out and out strikers mostly relying on through balls to run on to playing off the backs of defenders but also “foxes in the box” and from memory I don’t think their assists were very high.

Sam seems to have an almost indefinable quality which when he comes on builds confidence throughout the team…..long may it continue.

Briefly on the subject of free transfers they may not have been free but certainly did not cost very much coming to us from non-league Clubs…..Banksy from Cambridge City and Kells from Falmouth…..both true City legends.
I am regularly found out by far more knowledgeable people on Exeweb, but wasn't Alan Banks a record signing?:

''Exeter City paid out a club record fee to obtain his transfer in November 1963.[1]''

My faltering memory seems to think we paid £15,000.

Worth every penny, of course.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A huge blow

jimbo-gould

A huge blow

That’s gutting for him and dreadful for us. Hopefully a speedy recovery.

Average Joe

ah this is not good news. I wonder if he was brought back too early?

The Medical team should be hung out to dry for this. If they've been bullied into getting him back asap then they should have stuck to their guns. He was brought back far too earlier, in the worst conditions and expected to play 3 times a week. The only thing I'm amazed about is that it didn't happen sooner. He should not have been doing anything for 3 Months and then Very gradually brough back. I just hope this stupid decision doesn't cost us promotion.

dontpassback

If nombe is out for a while,which it looks like,hopefully the rest of the strikers will step up and contribute,anzala puts himself about and Phillips is Lacey,however if that will be enough to see us get autos remains to be seen,and I forgot to mention jevani brown who has notched some crucial goals

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Recall Ben Seymour - you know it makes sense :cool:

TSW1389

The Medical team should be hung out to dry for this. If they've been bullied into getting him back asap then they should have stuck to their guns. He was brought back far too earlier, in the worst conditions and expected to play 3 times a week. The only thing I'm amazed about is that it didn't happen sooner. He should not have been doing anything for 3 Months and then Very gradually brough back. I just hope this stupid decision doesn't cost us promotion.
Are you part of said medical team? do you have any information to back this up?

It's all here say being rushed back, he had no strapping on his hamstrings so wasnt any need for support. the physio's and sport science must have been okay with this.
Could easily be one of the other muslces in the hamstring group not the same injury. Way Sam was moving in the games I saw he wasnt trying to protect an injury either,