• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
We know we have a finisher in Podge, I’d like to see him and Zanzala up top together. But the again we’ve never looked much good without 5 back, so not sure it would work!
The only half decent back four option we've got is Hartridge - Grounds - Sweeney/Diabate - Key/Caprice, and I can't see that happening any time soon

Grecian Max

The only half decent back four option we've got is Hartridge - Grounds - Sweeney/Diabate - Key/Caprice, and I can't see that happening any time soon
Pretty sure Stubbs could cope in a back four 😂

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grecians - we can only support what we've got !
UTC
Whilst I really love your positivity and willingness for us all to get behind the team (which I'm sure everyone does), this is a discussion forum so not all opinions and thoughts are going to be positive.

budegrecian

The fact that Sam is likely to be missing for the rest of the season is really bad news, but the truth of it is that we are into the last quarter of the season & every team we play from hereon in will probably have injuries. Crawley had several out last night, Swindon were apparently decimated the other week & Mansfield were missing 2 CH's when we went up there.
If Stubbs is back on Saturday, then it's only Big Sam, Jonathan Grounds & Harry Kite that will be missing, which, disappointing as it is, with the cover we have, isn't to bad, all things considered.
We will no doubt have further injuries before the season concludes but so will every other team & we just need to cope better than them.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Whilst he works his socks off and always gives 110% (and I'm far from being critical), just curious what people think is causing MJ to not be the hot-shot he was lasts season?

Is it physical positioning within the team? Is it differences in the squad? Is it the responsibility of the captaincy? Or something else?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst he works his socks off and always gives 110% (and I'm far from being critical), just curious what people think is causing MJ to not be the hot-shot he was lasts season?

Is it physical positioning within the team? Is it differences in the squad? Is it the responsibility of the captaincy? Or something else?
Just had a quick look online, MJ is on 12 goals for this season, he got 18 last season. With 11 games to go he could easily get another 6 (hopefully!).

Rosencrantz

Most of the difference between last season and this for MJ's goal tally will be penalties. Last night is probably the first game I can remember for a good while him not really having a scoring chance. If that continues I would worry but at the moment it is a one off.

arthur

Most of the difference between last season and this for MJ's goal tally will be penalties. Last night is probably the first game I can remember for a good while him not really having a scoring chance. If that continues I would worry but at the moment it is a one off.
He had a very good scoring chance from Sweeneys cross and missed it

TSW1389

In not in their team, but lets just say i'm suitably qualified to make the statement I have made.
Enlighten us please

scottus86

He had a very good scoring chance from Sweeneys cross and missed it
If he hadn't missed 3 penalties at the start of the season, he would only be 3 goals off of last season's tally.

The first half of the season I was pleased with Jay's contribution, his goal tally was very good and he was playing with confidence. After Christmas he hasn't quite been himself, failing to take on players or making forwarding passes, not quite in the right place at the right time and when he is not showing enough composure to just put the ball in the net. He has had a few point blank efforts saved on the line with an open goal either side of the defender. Against Swindon he had found that nack of making the right decisions, being in the right place and doing the right things. I think it's just a dip in form and confidence and he will be back stronger because of it once he gets a run of good form again.