• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jonathan Grounds (departs)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there a problem with regards to Grounds signing ? I have not seen it confirmed officially anywhere yet, and the new Swindon manager has complained to the EFL over Grounds and Pitman absenting themselves from training.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there a problem with regards to Grounds signing ? I have not seen it confirmed officially anywhere yet, and the new Swindon manager has complained to the EFL over Grounds and Pitman absenting themselves from training.
Not if the Swindon Town website is to be believed.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only good news in all this is that we’ll probably have a new, maybe competent manager after Xmas
Hi dommers 🖐

Spoonz Red E

They're looking for Grounds for dismissal.

Ash

Ended up with 3 LB/LWB with questions over all of them
True, and each of them have very different questions that need answering. One is green as the new SJP grass and we need to see if he has the ability and fortitude for League Two. One has all the experience you could ask for, but has he still got the legs, fitness and motivation for a new challenge? And then there's our very own Jack, who splits opinions regarding his aptitude for the position and by some, even his overall ability. Not long until we start getting some answers. Can't wait!

Ash

I really for the life of me don’t know why we didn’t try and keep Page…Harrogate obviously thought he was worth the risk, and they are wanting to go places.
That's been made super obvious by KMT and the club: concerns over his fitness and how many games / minutes he'd actually be able to play.

Ash

Would you be saying the same thing if we had just re-signed Dean Moxey?
Deano is a little over 2 years older

Corey

Has signed a new contract with the club for a further year. Great news!

dontpassback

Excellent news that grounds has signed,he has higher league experience and has proved to chip in with some useful goals,and plays out well from the back,he will prove to be very good for league one and gives KMT plenty of squad oprions

andrew p long

Excellent news that grounds has signed,he has higher league experience and has proved to chip in with some useful goals,and plays out well from the back,he will prove to be very good for league one and gives KMT plenty of squad oprions
indeed. Also provides us now with the right complement of central defenders - six of them ranging from ages 34 to 18, with two left footers. Some were rightly concerned that Ray's departure and Stubbs injury profile might leave us a bit short of cover in central defence.