• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Ground Feasibility Study

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am not sure if the club were to fold on how long it would need to remain empty.
If it folded the land would have JCB's on it before you could shake a stick at it.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Nobody on the board or trust would come on here unless of course that they needed votes to be elected again.
None of the elected trust Board have returned and those who were not elected were soon facing attacks and left the forum.
So you are effectively saying these "several people" are currently either trust or board members not just your average steward / shop worker no offence to Mike or other mere mortals at the club BTW.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nobody on the board or trust would come on here unless of course that they needed votes to be elected again.
None of the elected trust Board have returned and those who were not elected were soon facing attacks and left the forum.
Are you sure about that?

sidney

As I have previously indicated, I think ECFC should stay at SJP, but, of course, circumstances change and you never know. In the meantime, I would like to see small incremental changes made to make our ground as welcoming and user-friendly as possible. I have mentioned the 'wedge' as somewhere that could clearly be improved, and the away end still looks a little forlorn. So, for me the modest goal is quiet excellence all round, and I feel we are heading that way.

My only other observation is that anything which is different and perhaps a little eccentric is never a bad thing, and sits well with the authentic feel of a traditional city centre ground.

Red Bill

Have you ever considered posting something that's actually true rather than grabbing something out of your fantasy world so you can avoid a real answer.

Pete Martin - Trust Board member for several years, absolutely not any kind of yes man, 10,000+ posts on Exweb and posted on this very thread just a few days ago.

You seem to forget that Exweb is an independent forum with no connection to either club or trust. Like most fans forums there are probably around 50 people who contribute regularly and possibly a couple hundred others who largely just watch. A tiny proportion of our whole fan base and a very small audience. So why should anyone from club or trust feel compelled to come on here? If you want to know about decisions made by the Trust, go to the website and read the minutes or check out the working groups. Of course it a bit more effort than just sitting on here presenting your fantasies as fact, but it's worth a shot.

Also, as with any democraticlly established executive, there is collective responsibility, which anyone with half a brain should understand would make it highly inappropriate for any individual trustee to come on open forum (particularly one unconnected with the organisation) and give their opinion which may be in opposition to an official standpoint democratically arrived at by that executive.