• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Ground Feasibility Study

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
When we finished 8th under Tizzy and were buzzing in Div 1 I doubt if we had many attendances over 6k. When was the last time we had an average att of over 6k in a season : when the Romans were building the city walls?
Imo we should focus on continuing our excellent work with the academy : that will earn us much more than selling a few prawn sandwiches in Ghostville

Benguin

Can't see why we wouldn't be able to match AFC Wimbledons new ground...
I can, huge enabling development in an expensive part of one of the most expensive cities in the world has only got them one very nice proper grandstand and three 10 step temporary sides. Whatever we get from the council is unlikely to even match what they have.

DB9

I can, huge enabling development in an expensive part of one of the most expensive cities in the world has only got them one very nice proper grandstand and three 10 step temporary sides. Whatever we get from the council is unlikely to even match what they have.
I do remember a quote from The Dons Trust that they were doing their stadium bit by bit and i think the article was saying they're developing funding ideas to complete it. It'll be nice when its properly done but when that is i guess depends how long it takes for the Trust to raise the cash needed. I know its London and costs loads but for us in Exeter i know i wouldn't want to leave SJP for a stadium that has only one main stand and three temporay ones with a view to raising money to complete it, If we moved I'd want us to move into one that is finished. Plenty of videos online to see if anyone wants to see its construction.

Grecian Max

a stadium that has only one main stand and three temporay ones
Sandy Park, then

DB9

Sandy Park, then
Exactly, Who'd want to move there? I wouldn't.

Benguin

I do remember a quote from The Dons Trust that they were doing their stadium bit by bit and i think the article was saying they're developing funding ideas to complete it. It'll be nice when its properly done but when that is i guess depends how long it takes for the Trust to raise the cash needed. I know its London and costs loads but for us in Exeter i know i wouldn't want to leave SJP for a stadium that has only one main stand and three temporay ones with a view to raising money to complete it, If we moved I'd want us to move into one that is finished. Plenty of videos online to see if anyone wants to see its construction.

My feelings as well. Plus look what they had to build on three sides of the ground to even afford the main stand and three temporary ones!AB4619EB-75DC-4167-A11A-546393E6EECB.jpeg

C j phill

The critical issue will be the contents of the business plan. Unless this shows the financial and non financial benefits and dis-benefits of such a move, compared to the status quo, and whose assumptions which form those issues can be fully tested by professionally qualified individuals and supporters alike, we stay where we are, together with accepting the limitations that places on us.

DB9

I can appreciate The Dons wanting to return "Home" Especially after their nemesis MK have got theirs and now have no connection with Wimbledon but for us I'm not sure unless this feasibility study shows us that a move is finacially good and really worth it.

iscalad

I can appreciate The Dons wanting to return "Home" Especially after their nemesis MK have got theirs and now have no connection with Wimbledon but for us I'm not sure unless this feasibility study shows us that a move is finacially good and really worth it.
[/QUO

Arthur Davey

Understanding the possibilities and any options is always a good place to be.
Personally, I love SJP. I've been going there regularly for 35 years. It's my church and in my heart. However, my head says that a purpose built stadium that generates significant non-match day income is necessary, if we want to establish ourselves in a higher league. A feasibility study is a rational and logical move.
As regards income generation... Quite a sobering statement from Rick Parry:
"In a normal year our clubs rely on £440m of owner funding to keep them afloat. That is the size of the losses they make."