• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Ground Feasibility Study

IBA

That old chestnut, this debate comes up every few years on Exeweb, I believe that an approach was made to The Chiefs back in the day re groundshare and representatives of ECFC were told that it would cost (insert figure here) several millions , I seem to recall £20 million???!!!!

Re stadium at Cat & Fiddle/ West Point this has also been discussed but thought that East Devon District council would never approve such as scheme.

Dr Dave and others could contribute some valuable insight to this debate...

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
My perception maybe well off, but I’ve got it my head that the Chiefs, the city council and City are thick as thieves at the moment and that perhaps collectively they see both sporting clubs sharing the same stadium and maybe even the same training facilities at the cliff.
I don't think Tony Rowe and city are the best of bedfellows

iscalad

it’s been rumoured for a little while about a new stadium in Topsham.
Why not Cullompton?

tavyred

I don't think Tony Rowe and city are the best of bedfellows
Maybe.
I’m aware of the old enmity, but Taggy and Rowey seem to be friendly enough with each other. He does have three sides of Sandy Park to develop, so a cash rich City FC backed by a city council able to make money from a city centre site and perhaps prepared to send some cash his way might tempt him.

IndoMike

Maybe.
I’m aware of the old enmity, but Taggy and Rowey seem to be friendly enough with each other. He does have three sides of Sandy Park to develop, so a cash rich City FC backed by a city council able to make money from a city centre site and perhaps prepared to send some cash his way might tempt him.
What about overuse of the pitch..

DB9

That old chestnut, this debate comes up every few years on Exeweb, I believe that an approach was made to The Chiefs back in the day re groundshare and representatives of ECFC were told that it would cost (insert figure here) several millions , I seem to recall £20 million???!!!!

Re stadium at Cat & Fiddle/ West Point this has also been discussed but thought that East Devon District council would never approve such as scheme.

This maybe an "Old Chestnut" but it has come from an official link from the clubs website, Not the usual "I've heard........" you get on here from time to time, So don't dismiss it so quickly, Plus they're only doing a feasibilty study so nothings been set in stone.

tavyred

I think the Chiefs buy in was circa £15m.

Dannyred

Why not Cullompton?
Has school finished already

iscalad

Has school finished already
Probably. Why do you ask?

Dannyred

Ground share would never happen.

Still think there is something in the rumour about a new stadium in Topsham which is within the Exeter boundary.