• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Ground Feasibility Study

Boyo

What about overuse of the pitch..
Bristol City, Reading, Coventry, Watford, Swansea, Wycombe have all successfully ground shared before.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bristol City, Reading, Coventry, Watford, Swansea, Wycombe have all successfully ground shared before.
Do they all still groundshare? Genuine question, Other than Coventry at Birmingham i don't know about the rest.

Boyo

That old chestnut, this debate comes up every few years on Exeweb, I believe that an approach was made to The Chiefs back in the day re groundshare and representatives of ECFC were told that it would cost (insert figure here) several millions , I seem to recall £20 million???!!!!
It is an old chestnut, but frankly, whoever is conducting the study would be professionally negligent if they did not consider the possibility of sharing with the Chiefs.

DB9

It is an old chestnut, but frankly, whoever is conducting the study would be professionally negligent if they did not consider the possibility of sharing with the Chiefs.
I didn't see anything in the article about groundsharing, Think IBA was first to mention it on here in this thread?

StudentGrecian

Surely groundsharing with the Chiefs would only further limit our chances of making extra income from non-footballing activities?
Can’t see it being something the club would go for in its current state.

Dannyred

Wycombe ground shared with a Rugby team and Reading Women’s team.

Boyo

I didn't see anything in the article about groundsharing, Think IBA was first to mention it on here in this thread?
It doesn't mention any specific alternate sites. But they would have to consider SP, even if just to finally rule it out.

Alistair20000

I don't think Tony Rowe and city are the best of bedfellows
I would be very wary of any deal with the Fat Man

DB9

It doesn't mention any specific alternate sites. But they would have to consider SP, even if just to finally rule it out.
They might have to, For me we need a stadium for ourselves, It gives us our own identity and home, If there's nothing that is feasable then SJP it is.

IndoMike

Assuming moving out of JSP is a serious proposal in the future:
I'm not sure that the majority of either City fans or Chiefs' fans would be into sharing. Maybe I'm old - fashioned but City's soul is at SJP. I don't see any problem at all staying there. From what I gather we have sufficient business / meeting facilities in a crowded market. And imagine having to traipse out to Sandy Park or an alternative out of town on a dark, rainy, autumn or winter night..For me we first must establish ourselves as a good Div 1 side first.
hange, but we don't want a white elephant or some soulless soup bowl.
In the end it would all depend on the Trust and its members, so hope they would make a wise decision.