• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Dugouts

Number13

I see in the Echo article that Tisdale mentions the dugouts have moved and he wont be getting his feet dirty.

Does this mean that the dugouts are to be in front of the Old Grandstand?

How will this affect the view and has he done it to get away from the Doble moaners?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
has he done it to get away from the Doble moaners?
If he has he's going to have an unpleasant surprise when he experiences the OG moaners...

GrecianWonder

If he has he's going to have an unpleasant surprise when he experiences the OG moaners...
oh its so true! but then again i hear the Doble moaners are pretty bad.

there is quite a few rumors to why its moved

1. The dugouts blocked the fire exit behind from the pitch so if there was a fire in the old grandstand and the people had to go onto the pitch before getting out the dugouts were in the way.

2. tisdale doesnt like the moaners in the Doble

3. Tisdale doesnt want his shoes to get dirty

and the most ridiculous,

4. the groundsman doesnt want all the staff and subs walking across the pitch cos it might ruin it...

Last edited:

greenawayr

I thought it was pretty simple.

The original dugouts in the Doble were unsuitable because of Health and Safety, we bought in the bus shelters.

The space where the bus shelters were no longer exists so they had to move the Dugouts to the opposite side of the pitch. The Bus Shelters couldn't be used because they blocked too many views so new ones have been installed to make them less obtrusive.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought it was pretty simple.
Well, yeah, but it depends on what you know in the first place.

malcolms

oh its so true! but then again i hear the Doble moaners are pretty bad.

there is quite a few rumors to why its moved

1. The dugouts blocked the fire exit behind from the pitch so if there was a fire in the old grandstand and the people had to go onto the pitch before getting out the dugouts were in the way.

2. tisdale doesnt like the moaners in the Doble

3. Tisdale doesnt want his shoes to get dirty

and the most ridiculous,

4. the groundsman doesnt want all the staff and subs walking across the pitch cos it might ruin it...
As I heard it, rumour 4 was not a million miles away;)

greenawayr

Well, yeah, but it depends on what you know in the first place.
Or indeed on what you choose to believe when someone types something on Exeweb

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Bus Shelters couldn't be used because they blocked too many views so new ones have been installed to make them less obtrusive.
League rules dictated what type of dugouts we had to have. The ones we had in Conference were not suitable, so new ones were built.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard from a reliable sawce that Norrie has devised a plan to rent the cowshed dugouts out as student accommodation in order to fund the £19,500 a week wages that we are paying to O'Flynn.

LOG

Or indeed on what you choose to believe when someone types something on Exeweb
I know for a FCAT that everything on here is true.

FCAT.