• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Away / 3rd kit for upcoming season?

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Least-favourite of all time? You're having a laugh – the kit we won the championship in didn't have a badge on and there was an all-red kit in the Keith Viney era which didn't have any stripes or, as I recall, a badge.
Nah!- Purely personal choice, I prefer traditional stripes over that Carpetrite shirt, it just doesn't float my boat.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Least-favourite of all time? You're having a laugh – the kit we won the championship in didn't have a badge on and there was an all-red kit in the Keith Viney era which didn't have any stripes or, as I recall, a badge.
The kit we won the Div 4 (then) Championship should be mounted on a gold plaque and have a position of prominence at the club.

fred binneys head

Just remembered something else about the Viney kit as it’s now become known. I bought the replica top, it didn’t have a club badge and you had to attach the sponsor’s logo yourself! Completely tinpot at that time, which I loved.

Red Devon

Think the old Viney kit as you’re calling it was made by a company called Lowfieds I had one too and quite liked it at the time.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry if this shouldn’t be a new thread and should be popped into “latest club news” but, shouldn’t we be getting a new away and 3rd strip this season? The Home kit (which has grown on me) is only a season old so I’m sure will stick with it again this season but the 2nd and 3rd kit are now going into their 3rd season. Anyone have any idea or update? Thanks!
At last! You know the off-season is in full swing when there's nothing else to talk about but a potential new kit.

Red Devon

Grecian Max

Please don't be carpet themed after that Flybe debacle of a kit

My bet is on Carpetright blue/green

Colesman Ballz

Looking on the brightside it would seem that Matt Jay hasn't been sold (yet !) :cool:

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Yours might have done, the version worn by the players didn't. See for instance: https://www.devonlive.com/sport/exeter-champions-198990-division-four-3313618
Championship kit didn't 1989/90 didn't have a badge on it, I had one of these , the badge was introduced 1990/91.

Trapdoor

Please don't be carpet themed after that Flybe debacle of a kit

My bet is on Carpetright blue/green
I actually think that teal colour would be quite a nice option. Provided its more blue than the green.