• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

National League Play off final

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was planning on listing the 24 clubs in L2 next season, but of course we still don't have confirmation of who is being relegated.
Exeter
Forest Green
22 other clubs that are a hike

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Exeter
Forest Green
22 other clubs that are a hike
I thought our local derby game next season was in a different country? (Newport).

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well. Horrorgate don't have much time to get their PLASTIC pitch up to proper-league standard.

Better not celebrate too long lads... don't want to let the grass grow under your feet

Red Devon

Well. Horrorgate don't have much time to get their PLASTIC pitch up to proper-league standard.

Better not celebrate too long lads... don't want to let the grass grow under your feet
Playing somewhere else for the first few home matches of the season.

sign of the chimes

That was a good match this afternoon. I was quite surprised to see the way in which an experienced Notts County side seemed unprepared for an opponent who flew out of the blocks and could/should have been more than 2-0 up during a one-sided first half. I also thought Harrogate did well not to let County build on that early goal after the restart - plenty of teams would have tried to sit deeper and deeper but they managed the game well and were deserving of their third. If they can keep the squad they have together for next season I think they'll likely be okay in League 2. We played them in the first round of the FA Cup back in November and scraped past them with a full-strength side. The 3G pitch was a bit of a leveller, but even taking that in to account it wasn't a surprise to see them sustain a challenge at the top of the NL.

grecIAN Harris

The 3G pitch was a bit of a leveller,
Are you sure it wasn't 4G? Either way , the bloody horrible things should be banned. Plastic football on plastic pitches.

andrew p long

Pleased for Harrogate and Simon Weaver a good bloke anf former Kiddy Harriers player!

i thought Neal Ardley was class throughout in his reactions and credit to Notts County for sticking with him through tricky times.

sign of the chimes

Are you sure it wasn't 4G? Either way , the bloody horrible things should be banned. Plastic football on plastic pitches.
Possibly! I stuck with 3G as someone, who seemed to know far more than I do, suggested that there was no such thing as 4G. If it was a topic I cared about I'd have gone and done some research. I'm half expecting to find a load of 5G pitches installed once the pandemic is over ;-)

To be fair the Harrogate pitch did seem to bounce a little truer than the one we lost an FA Cup Quarter Final to Luton on in 1988 - but given that was 30-odd years ago I guess that could have been 1G or 2G...

sign of the chimes

Pleased for Harrogate and Simon Weaver a good bloke anf former Kiddy Harriers player!

i thought Neal Ardley was class throughout in his reactions and credit to Notts County for sticking with him through tricky times.
Completely agree with that re. Ardley. I thought Karl Robinson and Oxford were similar in the L1 final.

Oldsmobile-88

Jon Stead,who was with Notts County for 4 seasons before signing for Harrogate last summer pictured sat next to a cut out of his close friend Jordan Sinnot who passed away in February.
099B2498-7609-4F3D-B0B8-34F7FDA161D0.jpeg