• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

National League Play off final

Boyo

Harrogate is a bleedy long way from Devon.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Then best to start saving now, it's blooming expensive for what it is believe me! There are much nice, and better value tea rooms further in town than Betty's.
Nice to see that City fans are so sophisticated as to take afternoon tea before a match.

Last edited:

dontpassback

Nice to see that City fans are so sophisticated as to take afternoon tea before a match.
Must be the proper chap syndrome from our previous leader rubbing off

denzel

The pubs will probably be shut so needs must

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harrogate is a bleedy long way from Devon.
Exeter to York 294 miles.....Exeter to Harrogate 295. Last time I was there approx 6 years ago still relatively unspoilt.

Spoonz Red E

Harrogate for me on the outside chance I can get to go to Betty's Tea Rooms
Then best to start saving now, it's blooming expensive for what it is believe me! There are much nice, and better value tea rooms further in town than Betty's.
Taggy's onto it ...

"The announcement from the EFL about the return of football from September 12 last week was certainly a very welcome one, although not without its challenges. As ever we are faced with a moveable feast ..."

Red Devon

If it’s Harrogate they’ll have to play their first 4 or 5 games away from the CNG Stadium due to a grass pitch being laid....when the current 3G pitch was installed they played their home matches at Doncaster Rovers for a while.

Oldsmobile-88

If it’s Harrogate they’ll have to play their first 4 or 5 games away from the CNG Stadium due to a grass pitch being laid....when the current 3G pitch was installed they played their home matches at Doncaster Rovers for a while.
I suppose with the season starting with no spectators that could give them a perceived advantage of playing infront of more home crowds later in the season(assuming the first months games are scheduled away & not ‘neutral ground’ home games)

A similar scenario worked well for Newport a couple of seasons ago when Rodney Parade was relaid & they could not play home games until September.

Red Devon

I suppose with the season starting with no spectators that could give them a perceived advantage of playing infront of more home crowds later in the season(assuming the first months games are scheduled away & not ‘neutral ground’ home games)

A similar scenario worked well for Newport a couple of seasons ago when Rodney Parade was relaid & they could not play home games until September.
The report I read said they would be played on a yet unnamed neutral venue should the scenario arrive, apparently the Keepmoat Stadium was 50 miles away and unpopular with supporters.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The report I read said they would be played on a yet unnamed neutral venue should the scenario arrive, apparently the Keepmoat Stadium was 50 miles away and unpopular with supporters.
York would be the obvious answer surely?