• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nathan Bishop (GK) to Exeter?

Ian Tarr

I dont think his long term future lies in the Championship.
Maybe I'm missing your point, but what's the Championship got to do with anything?

dontpassback

Maybe I'm missing your point, but what's the Championship got to do with anything?
I would have thought that Wednesdays aspirations would be the championship,just like Sunderland this season,along with Ipswich and a few others in league one

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would have thought that Wednesdays aspirations would be the championship,just like Sunderland this season,along with Ipswich and a few others in league one
Exactly, and I dont think they see Dawson as the first (or second) choice keeper to get them there.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps he's not quite as good as many on here seem to think he is? Dawson played two distinctly varying levels of GK competancy last season. After his arrival, and during his first period before he got injured, I thought - How did we manage to get hold of a keeper of that class! Quite an unbelievable acquision for a basement league club. IMHO though, he was never the same when he returned, even though he was our keeper when we finally won promotion. I can see why Wednesday cant make up their minds about him and his ability. They do need to stop f*cking him around though, and let him find a club where he can finally settle down. I dont think his long term future lies in the Championship.
Wow. Are you a genie @PeteUSA ? I mentioned you o another thread and as if by magic here you are.

Some of Cam's best work and most crucial saves were in the extended run-in. Some of those last-minute winners wouldn't have been winners were it not for some huge one-on-one saves.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wow. Are you a genie @PeteUSA ? I mentioned you o another thread and as if by magic here you are.

Some of Cam's best work and most crucial saves were in the extended run-in. Some of those last-minute winners wouldn't have been winners were it not for some huge one-on-one saves.
Indeed, his 19 clean sheets were fundamental to our promotion.

Rosencrantz

Perhaps he's not quite as good as many on here seem to think he is? Dawson played two distinctly varying levels of GK competancy last season. After his arrival, and during his first period before he got injured, I thought - How did we manage to get hold of a keeper of that class! Quite an unbelievable acquision for a basement league club. IMHO though, he was never the same when he returned, even though he was our keeper when we finally won promotion. I can see why Wednesday cant make up their minds about him and his ability. They do need to stop f*cking him around though, and let him find a club where he can finally settle down. I dont think his long term future lies in the Championship.
When did Cam get injured? He only missed one game that Scott Brown played (Rochdale away?) and that was illness if I remember right.

We are talking about the same Dawson, tall bloke, slightly ginger, big gloves.

STURTZ

The save against Barrow was a promotion clincher!

Agent Andy

Dosnt fancy it off his line does he , but everything else was a class above , wed fans just don’t rate him so he needs to get out of there asap 🤔

PeteUSA

Dosnt fancy it off his line does he , but everything else was a class above , wed fans just don’t rate him so he needs to get out of there asap 🤔

No, he doesnt fancy it off of his line, and on occasion he looks jittery and hesitant in that regard. His one major attribute is his distribution. His clearances are excellent, and he invariably finds a teammate. He's a good lower league keeper, but we shouldnt be fighting over him so that his agent comes up with an innaccurate valuation. I say make Wednesday a sensible offer. If they're not interested, then we move on.

SaintJames

No, he doesnt fancy it off of his line, and on occasion he looks jittery and hesitant in that regard. His one major attribute is his distribution. His clearances are excellent, and he invariably finds a teammate. He's a good lower league keeper, but we shouldnt be fighting over him so that his agent comes up with an innaccurate valuation. I say make Wednesday a sensible offer. If they're not interested, then we move on.
What is the point in making any offer when he has two years of Championship level wages on his current deal! Are you suggesting we can match that salary?????