• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nathan Bishop (GK) to Exeter?

Number13

It really does look like they don't fancy Dawson at Wednesday doesn't it? Why sign Stockdale on L1 wages when you're already spaffing £10k a week on a keeper clearly good enough for the level?

Average Joe

What more does Dawson have to do to get into the Wednesday squad. I love what Cam did at our club last year but it's a long old journey coming down from Sheffield so wouldn't be surprised if he chose something more close to home in the near future. He's done a couple of seasons now in Devon, hopefully I'm wrong and he loves it here and wants to come to us.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
What more does Dawson have to do to get into the Wednesday squad. I love what Cam did at our club last year but it's a long old journey coming down from Sheffield so wouldn't be surprised if he chose something more close to home in the near future. He's done a couple of seasons now in Devon, hopefully I'm wrong and he loves it here and wants to come to us.
There's nothing to suggest that Dawson isn't getting into the Wednesday squad. How do you know that they don't see him as their No 1 for this coming season?

Average Joe

There's nothing to suggest that Dawson isn't getting into the Wednesday squad. How do you know that they don't see him as their No 1 for this coming season?
Well you're right, I hope he does equally to hoping he comes back. Either way I wish him the best of luck, unless he ends back with the pilgims :)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He spent one month and didnt play a game at Plymouth not a whole season!

sign of the chimes

I have to say that I'd assumed when Wednesday signed Stockdale I'd assumed it was as a back up rather than as a first choice.

He's 36, originally from Yorkshire, and has lots of interests outside of the game (that sounds like a line from a would-be Miss World).

If you want a chuckle have a look at his personal website.

tonykellowfan

The point about Dawson is not whether he is available or not for a loan, but whether we can afford his wages, to which the answer is probably no.

Average Joe

If you want a chuckle have a look at his personal website.
That did make me chuckle. He reminds me of someone who lost in the quarter finals of Pop idol

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
That did make me chuckle. He reminds me of someone who lost in the quarter finals of Pop idol
Ha ha! Apparently as well as all the other strengths listed, apparently he's very modest too!

Interesting that he cites Droitwich (Worcestershire) as his 'local club'.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
What more does Dawson have to do to get into the Wednesday squad?.
Perhaps he's not quite as good as many on here seem to think he is? Dawson played two distinctly varying levels of GK competancy last season. After his arrival, and during his first period before he got injured, I thought - How did we manage to get hold of a keeper of that class! Quite an unbelievable acquision for a basement league club. IMHO though, he was never the same when he returned, even though he was our keeper when we finally won promotion. I can see why Wednesday cant make up their minds about him and his ability. They do need to stop f*cking him around though, and let him find a club where he can finally settle down. I dont think his long term future lies in the Championship.