• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

music quiz redux

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Updated list-4309

fred binneys head

Echo and the bunnymen

The killing moon
Bring on the dancing horses
The cutter
Seven seas

Last edited:

fred binneys head

America:

Ventura highway
A horse with no name
Daisy Jane
Survival

STURTZ

Wow! Fred cashes out with a cool ten, yes ten, points!

However, the quiz is organised on a points basis and despite his flash harry and probably drug induced sprint to the line, Colmans Ballz had already racked up 14 points through his studious and diligent plodding. It's tortoise and hare all over again, yes it's Colman's Ballz with the next question!

Take it away CB

Colesman Ballz

Find the song that links Crowded House, Generation X, Christine Perfect, and The Bluesbreakers.Then identify the odd one out ?

STURTZ

Is it that all bands had an eponymously named album, the odd one out being The Bluesbreakers who released an album called The Bluesbreakers (with Eric Clapton)?

Colesman Ballz

Is it that all bands had an eponymously named album, the odd one out being The Bluesbreakers who released an album called The Bluesbreakers (with Eric Clapton)?
That would be a no, but credit for being the first to even have a stab in almost a month !

Seems that I should offer a bit more clueage ?
The name of the song you seek is 12 words long (3)(3)(5)(9)(3)(7)(5)(4)(6)(4)(4)(5) !
All of the 4 bands/artiste provided as clues have direct/or indirect links to the song, but the odd one out in a far different way to the other three.

Alistair20000

I do not know the answer to this one but Mr Ballz is entitled to expect more effort.

Just saying.

Carry on.

iscalad

Sorry, but I don't have a bleddy clue on this one.

Colesman Ballz

I do not know the answer to this one but Mr Ballz is entitled to expect more effort.

Just saying.

Carry on.
Many thanks for this input Al, however I do draw solace from seemingly have bamboozled the entire cognoscenti of the Exeweb Music Quiz. Alternatively of course it could be down to their being "quizzed out" after your gargantuan ACQ !

I fear that I shall have to set a time limit, before declaring myself the winner, but will in the meantime add some more clueage !

The purveyors of this ditty were (9)(5), somewhat avant-garde, and more John Peel's "cup of tea" than "chart material". And Isca take note, very popular on the "college circuit" in their time.