• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

music quiz redux

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
4 is Can I Play With Madness by Iron Maiden
2 Points to Swanny 👍

Bridgy 81

2 Points to Swanny 👍
Nice question and a good answer.
I like a bit of Iron Maiden.
I’ve seen them playing a large venue (Earls Court) but I’ve also seen their ex-leader singer Blaze Bayley and his band a couple of times at a pub which is walking distance to where I live.
Blaze kept the microphone warm between 1994 and 1999, sandwiched in between Bruce Dickinson’s two tenures.

Alistair20000

UPDATE

See outstanding questions and the ones solved.

Shirley a pattern is emerging that will narrow down the thought process ?

1. A palindromic instrumental 7 ABBA Colesman Ballz 1 point Title ?
2. Not Joe Biden’s dream for prayer 7,7
3. I won’t be joining you 7,2
4. Applying a bit of ska with another group 3,1,4,4,7 Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness Swanaldo 2 points
5. Do we hear some weapons being consumed ? 3,4,6 The Jam - The Eton Rifles iscalad 2 points
6. And I won’t have you in my team 7,3
7. Three ways of obtaining what you want 3,5,2,6 The New Seekers - Beg, Steal Or Borrow ORy 2 points
8. An astral abacus could help you with this task 8,5 OneRepublic - Counting Stars iscalad 2 points
9. Some gloomy artwork 5,2,5 Rolling Stones - Paint It Black HH12 2 points
10. Joining the oldest part of the armed forces 2,3,4 Village People - In The Navy Rosencrantz 2 points
11. Is it a flower or a girl in the frames ? 8,2,4 The Who - Pictures Of Lily Colesman Ballz 2 points

Points Table

A very diverse scoreboard with lots who can win including a new entrant

iscalad 4
Colesman Ballz 3
HH12 2
& 1 Roy
ORy 2
Rosencrantz 2
Swanaldo 2

12 Points still available

ADDITIONAL CLUEAGE

1. Ought to be a penalty kick. This is not a clue. Mr Ballz knows the answer but will not poke it in. :( That is not a clue either. Surprised nobody has reached the elusive journey's end.

2. The toughest question IMHO. The song title we need is from 1970 and is also the name of an American group. The song lyrics also include the name of a recent former City creative player

3. & 6 Only three words needed to solve this pair.

RECAP

We are looking for 11 bands/singers and the title of one of their singles. A point for each act and a point for each song title.

The number of words and letters in the song titles are provided. For singers the surname is your focus.

Cryptic narrative to help on the journey relating to the act, song or it’s lyrics

Taking one letter from each singer/act will lead you to an ECFC person, event or location. 5 points for that.

Give question number with your answers please.

STURTZ

Are 3 and 6
Leaving You and Leaving Me?

No idea of what bands created these classics mind!🙂

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking "Without Me" (Eminem) and "Without You" (Badfinger)?

Alistair20000

I'm thinking "Without Me" (Eminem) and "Without You" (Badfinger)?
Jason rocks up with 3 points (y)

2 for Eminem and Without Me and 1 for Without You but Badfinger don’t come into it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If the answer is "Harry Nilsson" or "Mariah Carey", I'll throw something. I haven't decided what, yet.

cannockred

UPDATE

See outstanding questions and the ones solved.

Shirley a pattern is emerging that will narrow down the thought process ?

1. A palindromic instrumental 7 ABBA Colesman Ballz 1 point Title ?
2. Not Joe Biden’s dream for prayer 7,7
3. I won’t be joining you 7,2
4. Applying a bit of ska with another group 3,1,4,4,7 Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness Swanaldo 2 points
5. Do we hear some weapons being consumed ? 3,4,6 The Jam - The Eton Rifles iscalad 2 points
6. And I won’t have you in my team 7,3
7. Three ways of obtaining what you want 3,5,2,6 The New Seekers - Beg, Steal Or Borrow ORy 2 points
8. An astral abacus could help you with this task 8,5 OneRepublic - Counting Stars iscalad 2 points
9. Some gloomy artwork 5,2,5 Rolling Stones - Paint It Black HH12 2 points
10. Joining the oldest part of the armed forces 2,3,4 Village People - In The Navy Rosencrantz 2 points
11. Is it a flower or a girl in the frames ? 8,2,4 The Who - Pictures Of Lily Colesman Ballz 2 points

Points Table

A very diverse scoreboard with lots who can win including a new entrant

iscalad 4
Colesman Ballz 3
HH12 2
& 1 Roy
ORy 2
Rosencrantz 2
Swanaldo 2

12 Points still available

ADDITIONAL CLUEAGE

1. Ought to be a penalty kick. This is not a clue. Mr Ballz knows the answer but will not poke it in. :( That is not a clue either. Surprised nobody has reached the elusive journey's end.

2. The toughest question IMHO. The song title we need is from 1970 and is also the name of an American group. The song lyrics also include the name of a recent former City creative player

3. & 6 Only three words needed to solve this pair.

RECAP

We are looking for 11 bands/singers and the title of one of their singles. A point for each act and a point for each song title.

The number of words and letters in the song titles are provided. For singers the surname is your focus.

Cryptic narrative to help on the journey relating to the act, song or it’s lyrics

Taking one letter from each singer/act will lead you to an ECFC person, event or location. 5 points for that.

Give question number with your answers please.
Is the abba song arrival. The mike oldfield soundalike

Alistair20000

If the answer is "Harry Nilsson" or "Mariah Carey", I'll throw something. I haven't decided what, yet.
You can rest easily. It is Harry Nilsson and nobody has nipped in at the back to poke it home. 1 point

Alistair20000

Is the abba song arrival. The mike oldfield soundalike
A point for Arrival (y)