• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MotoGP

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 2018 Argentina MotoGP proved to be an exciting race with GB's Cal Crutchlow taking the chequered flag.

Nice to see an English rider leading the 2018 standings and he's not even riding a factory machine.

The race seems to have reignited the fierce feud between Spain's Marc Marquez and Italy's Valentino Rossi when the Spaniard bumped Rossi onto the grass forcing the Italian to lay his bike down. Worth a look.

Terryhall

Was watching the qualifiers on Eurosport whilst on the treadmill in the gym on Friday (with no sound on). The Swiss coverage is more from the angle of how Aegerter and Luthi got on (not very well and not very well) but also mentioned the Rossi / Marquez thing. I don't really follow MotoGP closely enough to have much opinion but I wonder whether this was made worse by the qualifying being partly rained off on the Friday (which presumably affected many of the teams preparation and qualifying plan for the race itself) - and then as a result they are trying to stoke some drama to deflect attention from the fact that they could have done better on their planning...? Could be miles off but did occur to me.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bad day for our British lads at the MotoGP held in Austin, Texas, USA. In the Moto2. Danny Kent and Sam Lowes both crashed early in the race. Lowes remounted but the chance was gone to close on the leaders.

In the MotoGP, Cal Crutchlow was the only Brit who had a realistic chance of a podium spot but he too crashed out early in the race while in seventh place. He also jumped back on but finished well down the field. Most disappointing.