• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Most overrated football players (still playing)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
When you have high expectations and standards, it's the finer details that matter.
Apart from Ronaldo name a better player than Messi during the last 20 years.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apart from Ronaldo name a better player than Messi during the last 20 years.
That's of no relevance. Messi is continually rated as the world's best player yet when his national side sell him short he can't handle the pressure unlike Ronaldo which would suggest that he is a tad overrated. It doesn't disparage his skill or ability on the ball just, in my eyes, doesn't make him the world's best player. There is little to chose between both on the pitch but that significant bit of leadership that Ronaldo has makes him better.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's of no relevance. Messi is continually rated as the world's best player yet when his national side sell him short he can't handle the pressure unlike Ronaldo which would suggest that he is a tad overrated. It doesn't disparage his skill or ability on the ball just, in my eyes, doesn't make him the world's best player. There is little to chose between both on the pitch but that significant bit of leadership that Ronaldo has makes him better.
I don't think opinion is as clear cut as you make out, plenty of people think Ronaldo is a better player, me included as I said earler.

grecIAN Harris

I'd suggest it is within their peers. How many more times has Messi won footballer of the year?

IndoMike

That bloke Chambers who plays for Arsenal is cr+p, but I guess he's not rated anyway.
Sissoko (Spurs). They luv him at Spurs but he's cr+p, too
Jesse Lingard. Guaranteed to miss chances and do the wrong thing.
Barkley. Already mentioned.

Rosencrantz

I'd suggest it is within their peers. How many more times has Messi won footballer of the year?
So Messi is overrated because he is the second best player in the world not the best 😂 . Spuddling at its finest.

grecIAN Harris

Harsh words for a Klopp regular.
A Klopp regular??? You're surely getting me mixed up with Bow's Jan Molby?

iscalad

Danny Mayor

Legohead

Banned
Antoine Griezmann is one. Barely produces anything these days. Delle Alli is another as is Jack Grealish.

Also Iscalad mentions Danny Mayor of Argyle but that striker they had up top on Saturday was amongst the worst i've seen. Zak Rudden. May as well have had a 5 year old on the pitch.

les.gtfc

Richarlison at Everton, scored a few goals but has never really impressed me when I've seen him on the box.