• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
3 points on the road again? Morecambe have a home record nearly as bad as ours believe it or not!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
They do, and a manager as bad as ours according to this...http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2016/morecambe-v-exeter-manager-swap/

Banksy

Should be all set for a goalless draw then
Let's just hope Reid can play instead of Simpson.

Avening Posse

Nothing personal to Pym, but hoping Bobby is back today and a Reid / Watkins combination would be nice. A great game with loads of incident please UTC, anything to shift the mood of apathy and despondency, even if temporary

StroudGrecian

Nothing personal to Pym, but hoping Bobby is back today and a Reid / Watkins combination would be nice. A great game with loads of incident please UTC, anything to shift the mood of apathy and despondency, even if temporary
Agreed AP, if we can avoid going 2-0 down after 10 minutes it will be a start.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
After much indecision, I will not be at the game. Hopefully I'll regret that decision come 5pm.

Hopefully Reid will be fit and starting.

Terryhall

Would rather see Reid/McAlinden, with Watkins in behind, but totally agree with you on Olejnik.

Pretty confident about this one. Definitely don't think we will lose, draw at worst.

Antony Moxey

Not sure, even after last Saturday, I'd be ready to drop Pym just yet. Of course last week's first goal was a complete howler,but he's done little wrong other than that and I like the way he doesn't just stand on his line like Olejnik does, then followed by the inevitable arms out incredulous look at defenders for not clearing the ball when it would have been easier for him to run out and hoof it over the stand roof.

I'd stick with Pym for a few games yet at least.

Quite frankly the keeper is the least of our problems. Defence as a whole unit is poor, midfield lacks bite and up front we aren't firing on all cylinders.

However we are away today so all will click again.