• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More than five to choose, TV Edition. Part 2 (Stateside)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here's Part 2 for you to choose, This is mainly American TV, I remember as a child there were a lot of imported stuff to watch, Again, If you're too young ask your parents! Apologies if too many.

The Waltons or Little House On The Prairie

Banana Splits or HR Puffnstuff

Tom & Jerry or Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck etc (Merrie Melodies)

Harry O or The Rockford Files

Kojak or The Streets Of San Francisco

Columbo or Cannon

Battlestar Galactica (Original) or Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

Lost in Space (Original) or Star Trek

Land of the Giants or Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea

Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie

Alf or Harry and the Hendersons

Hawaii Five O (Original) or Starsky & Hutch

Chips or TJ Hooker

Hill Street Blues or Cagney & Lacy

Quincy or Hart to Hart

Charlie's Angels (Original) or Magnum PI (Original)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The hardest call there would be Tom and Jerry v Warner Brothers. Have to be WB, I think.

elginCity

Too many there that I'm unfamiliar with, DB ! :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Star Trek would be the most obvious winner.

DB9

Too many there that I'm unfamiliar with, DB ! :)
Just do the ones you're familiar with 👍

elginCity

Kojak, Cannon & H5O ! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Banksy

The Waltons John boy.
Tom and Jerry
kojak with lollipop of course.
Battlestar Galactica by your command.
Starsky and Hutch
Columbo
Star Trek of course.Beam me up every time.

Rosencrantz

Tom and Jerry - just
Cagney and Lacey
Starsky and Hutch
Charlie's Angels

Tim Long

The Waltons or Little House On The Prairie Goodnight, Jim Bob

Banana Splits or HR Puffnstuff HR Puffnstuff made Banana Splits look normal. Uh-oh. Chongo, It's Danger Island

Tom & Jerry or Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck etc (Merrie Melodies) Close call, with the WB opera themed Bugs cartoons, but I've never quoted them to my nephews

Harry O or The Rockford Files Again, a close call but Rockford Files was more laid back

Kojak or The Streets Of San Francisco Always thought Karl Malden's nose should have its own billing, possibly above Michael Douglas

Columbo or Cannon Not a Whodunnit and often an acting battle seemingly between Peter Falk and the guest star

Battlestar Galactica (Original) or Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Didn't watch either

Lost in Space (Original) or Star Trek Despite Dr Zachary Smith, LiS struggles, havign been billed as the most expensive TV series of the time, with obviously polystyrene rocks and unconvincing aliens

Land of the Giants or Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Largely influenced by Channel 4 repeats in the 80s

Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie In spite of two Dicks as Darren and the trauma of Elizabeth Montgomery later making a TV Movie as famous murderess (allegedly) Lizzie Borden

Alf or Harry and the Hendersons Not watched either

Hawaii Five O (Original) or Starsky & Hutch Best thing about H5-0 was the theme tune

Chips or TJ Hooker Notwithstanding a tubby Bill Shatner chasing villains, TJ Hairpiece never came close to killing its lead actor and I once had a long conversation with a colleague about Erik Estrada's bike accident

Hill Street Blues or Cagney & Lacy Didn't watch either, but kudos for Tyne Daly in the Dirty Harry movies

Quincy or Hart to Hart Difficult to take Jack Klugman as a romantic figure and always thought a coroner would be told to **** off if they investigated the death that closely

Charlie's Angels (Original) or Magnum PI (Original) Although it was generally an hour where not much happened

Yes, it is too many categories

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
In TJ Hooker, I'm surprised William Shatner didn't have enough clout to stipulate "no chase sequences" in his contract.