• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Covid has a lot to answer for ! May have to build up my collection of camo paints instead of pearls and high gloss variants.
tamiya do a range thats ww2 colours, olive drab etc lol

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
tamiya do a range thats ww2 colours, olive drab etc lol
I think years ago I gave all my camo colours to a mate when he was doing a diorama as I got more into doing cars .

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right here ya go , Haven't done a plane quite so small in years.

And yes you were right Lez about those transfers almost fell apart in the solution so had to push them back together once on the plane, I could only find a couple of cockpit open pictures which showed they opened from either side ? but didn't show a toe rope so I improvised.
Brush painted as I took notice of the reaction yours had (thanks for the heads up) but remember they would have been brush painted canvas when built << he said clutching at straws lol.

Attachments

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Right here ya go , Haven't done a plane quite so small in years.

And yes you were right Lez about those transfers almost fell apart in the solution so had to push them back together once on the plane, I could only find a couple of cockpit open pictures which showed they opened from either side ? but didn't show a toe rope so I improvised.
Brush painted as I took notice of the reaction yours had (thanks for the heads up) but remember they would have been brush painted canvas when built << he said clutching at straws lol.
Nice one Ramone, The hand painted bit makes it look more weathered and probably more in tune for the time (I cant imagine they'd worry about lovely paint work in WW2). Good finish to it (y)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice one Ramone, The hand painted bit makes it look more weathered and probably more in tune for the time (I cant imagine they'd worry about lovely paint work in WW2). Good finish to it (y)
Thanks mate , I got bored last night and today so managed the underside last night and top this morning the yellow was still tacky earlier but at least now I can get on with the Chevy.

DB9

Thanks mate , I got bored last night and today so managed the underside last night and top this morning the yellow was still tacky earlier but at least now I can get on with the Chevy.
The Chevy I'm looking forward to seeing plus what you do with the Mustang body

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Chevy I'm looking forward to seeing plus what you do with the Mustang body
Just had a thought I didn't post the final pics of my daughters Plymouth once I finished it off with the chrome etc !

DB9

Just had a thought I didn't post the final pics of my daughters Plymouth once I finished it off with the chrome etc !
That'll be interesting to see.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I couldn't go the full hotrod look for her car when she wasn't looking so just gave it a lick of colour co ordinated flames , don't look too hard the white stuff between the doors is car polish that I haven't cleaned out. plymouth finished.jpgplymouth finished 3.jpg The interior doesn't stand out much but looks neat

Attachments

DB9

That looks awesome, How much was you and how much your daughter? I mean in the whole build