• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
The Japanese have believed in flat earth for years!!!

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Hawker Demon started tonight.. thats model number 4

The hellcat is awaiting paints

the Spitfire mark 8/9 needs decals and gearing fitted

and the eggplane has had its first coat of gloss

Last edited:
Reactions: DB9

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are many legendary tales of backstage excess at rock concerts but gossip e-mail Popbitch has new one about the Prodigy, who had a room at one of their gigs that was simply labelled "Models". A curious roadie entered, hoping to see some heavenly creatures, but instead found the rave musicians hard at work on some Airfix kits. "If I remember correctly", he says, "Liam was making a Harrier jump jet, and Keith was finishing off a Mini Metro".

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
There are many legendary tales of backstage excess at rock concerts but gossip e-mail Popbitch has new one about the Prodigy, who had a room at one of their gigs that was simply labelled "Models". A curious roadie entered, hoping to see some heavenly creatures, but instead found the rave musicians hard at work on some Airfix kits. "If I remember correctly", he says, "Liam was making a Harrier jump jet, and Keith was finishing off a Mini Metro".
doesn't surprise me... look at rod Stewarts Hobby Railway :D

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Over a month and still waiting on paint for the glider ! Think I'll carry on figuring out the remote control 55 Chevy and future colour scheme.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
At last the paint has arrived for the glider , time to get masking up and get it finished.

DB9

At last the paint has arrived for the glider , time to get masking up and get it finished.
That took ages mate to arrive, Least you can start now

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
That took ages mate to arrive, Least you can start now
Covid has a lot to answer for ! May have to build up my collection of camo paints instead of pearls and high gloss variants.

DB9

Covid has a lot to answer for ! May have to build up my collection of camo paints instead of pearls and high gloss variants.
Decided on a colour for the chevvy estate wagon and still thinking of making it into a van?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decided on a colour for the chevvy estate wagon and still thinking of making it into a van?
Silver over blue possible flames down the sides , still want to try the lacework effect so may do the roof like that.
Have sourced some quite thin tinted Perspex and depending on how that looks I may keep the Nomad look.

Reactions: DB9