• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Might give this hydro graphics a go !

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excuse me jumping to 12 inches to the foot scale for a moment, but saw an amazingly painted couple of cars last night. Both were in what I can only describe as fluorescent day glow metallic paint. One in variegated green and the other bright orange. They pulled in together at Tesco Extra on Rydon Lane about 7pm ? Was there any event going on, or are they local celebrities ? I can't even tell you the makes, as I was just dazzled by the colours. Both were large one maybe an American saloon, the other probably a couple. Has anyone seen them around and what is the paint job ??

DB9

Excuse me jumping to 12 inches to the foot scale for a moment, but saw an amazingly painted couple of cars last night. Both were in what I can only describe as fluorescent day glow metallic paint. One in variegated green and the other bright orange. They pulled in together at Tesco Extra on Rydon Lane about 7pm ? Was there any event going on, or are they local celebrities ? I can't even tell you the makes, as I was just dazzled by the colours. Both were large one maybe an American saloon, the other probably a couple. Has anyone seen them around and what is the paint job ??
You sure it was a paint job or just a very good wrapped car?

Colesman Ballz

You sure it was a paint job or just a very good wrapped car?
Not sure DB, as I didn't get the chance to see it in detail, they drove in together just as I was leaving, and I just went WOW ! It's not really something I would normaly be into, but the iridescent effect blew me away.

DB9

Not sure DB, as I didn't get the chance to see it in detail, they drove in together just as I was leaving, and I just went WOW ! It's not really something I would normaly be into, but the iridescent effect blew me away.
There are some great paint sprayers around but cars being wrapped is popular and if done well can look just as good, What ever they were love to have seen them (y)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
folks.. if you fancy a cheap airbrush.. you cant go far wrong with a harder and steenbeck ultra.. Ive had mine for 2 years and i use it if i need a quick switch colour.. I used to recommend the Neo for Iwata but this ultra at this price is far more value for money
Deal on Amazon £64.75

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Harder-Steenbeck-Ultra-Airbrush-Gun/dp/B003Z86QCK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?crid=20ANLDY63SWQ9&dchild=1&keywords=harder+and+steenbeck&qid=1596850743&sprefix=harder+and+%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-6&linkCode=ll1&tag=mildinisales-21&linkId=554104612e2d501f5b7eac0dbb161c27&language=en_GB&fbclid=IwAR0t6gUIZFxSIcDuH8xGqJUlLHNihSrDgacuUjAUtG55smUMHw3LuNQ9kJU

With the Hornby Hobbies shop closing down in Swindon there is 30/40% off all items. This includes Hornby, Scalextric and Airfix. Worth a visit if in the area

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quick update on the remote control 55 Chevy build.
Have done most of the body mods to accommodate the remote stuff under the body and have made the front radiator panel into a clip that will hold the new remote stuff in place when its moving along the floor, Have also built the original engine the cut the top of it completely off and glued it to a bit of flat plastic attached to the rad so as when the bonnet gets opened it still looks like there is an engine in place .
Have also done similar with the front bench seat which means the seat is now approx. 1/5th the height of the original to sit in a correct position so you can still see it through the front screen and windows.
The paint job has been dictated by my daughter who would like it a high gloss black finish with a pearl white roof section this will carry down the pillars so as to break up the tinted black windows , There may also be some flame decals and the chrome highlighted but will have to see how deep I can get the gloss black finish , may have to do a silver/chrome undercoat to get it right.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Quick update on the remote control 55 Chevy build.
Have done most of the body mods to accommodate the remote stuff under the body and have made the front radiator panel into a clip that will hold the new remote stuff in place when its moving along the floor, Have also built the original engine the cut the top of it completely off and glued it to a bit of flat plastic attached to the rad so as when the bonnet gets opened it still looks like there is an engine in place .
Have also done similar with the front bench seat which means the seat is now approx. 1/5th the height of the original to sit in a correct position so you can still see it through the front screen and windows.
The paint job has been dictated by my daughter who would like it a high gloss black finish with a pearl white roof section this will carry down the pillars so as to break up the tinted black windows , There may also be some flame decals and the chrome highlighted but will have to see how deep I can get the gloss black finish , may have to do a silver/chrome undercoat to get it right.
Nice.. when do you think it will be finished?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice.. when do you think it will be finished?
Well having spoken to my paint man he is saying it would be a better job if I paint the black and white first then hit the whole body with a pearl tint coat then lacquer so it may be done sooner than I thought ! Get the paint done this weekend sort the chrome work out and final fit up through next week.