• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Very nice Lez , Just started a 1/24, 39 Chevy Coupe last day or so I've been getting rid of various bodylines ready to chop the roof a bit , number plate cut outs, modifying the chassis etc etc .
Next on the list is to cut and French the headlights into the fenders and expand the rear's to take bigger tyres.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice Lez , Just started a 1/24, 39 Chevy Coupe last day or so I've been getting rid of various bodylines ready to chop the roof a bit , number plate cut outs, modifying the chassis etc etc .
Next on the list is to cut and French the headlights into the fenders and expand the rear's to take bigger tyres.
Send pics as you go along mate.. be good to see it being made

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Will try Lez I usually end up losing pics I try and upload lol but have to sort out a decent colour scheme for it , Gonna think about a sliver base coat and a candy blue top coat maybe some ghost flames ? that's if I can get some decent decals.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Almost finished these two this week.. Sadly the kit for the battle is missing the back bumper so trying to source one from Airfix.. I'm proper anal about keep bits in a pot and on their spues until I need them so the bumper must of been missing..

on the spit fire I need to put the exhaust manifolds either side and the turnwheel and I think that's it

Attachments

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Almost finished these two this week.. Sadly the kit for the battle is missing the back bumper so trying to source one from Airfix.. I'm proper anal about keep bits in a pot and on their spues until I need them so the bumper must of been missing..

on the spit fire I need to put the exhaust manifolds either side and the turnwheel and I think that's it
The colour on the VW looks really nice, Spitfire has come up well too. Just asking Lez, Where do you put all your finished models?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
The colour on the VW looks really nice, Spitfire has come up well too. Just asking Lez, Where do you put all your finished models?
Yeah its the first time Ive sprayed a car... its Humbrol acrylic so its not a perfect finish, ive sprayed clear cote on top to give it a shine but isn't a finish I'm happy with, but as its my first spray job im pleased that ive had a go and its something ill develop a skill for

at the moment on a shelf in the attic (its a bone of contention with SWMBO)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
This came today.. took a while to find one. got a tip off and it came from Russia :)

Attachments

Reactions: DB9

DB9

This came today.. took a while to find one. got a tip off and it came from Russia :)
Do you think you'd be able to incorperate Stanno on the Flybe plane? That would be pretty awesome but i'd imagine difficult to do. I once saw it at Southampton Airport and that did make me prety emotional.

DB9

Think you should be proud of the first spray job on the VW Lez, It is a skill that only practice will make you better. You look on Youtube and see when others spray, A lot look like the paint is a lot "Thicker" than the original paint, Just a case of adjusting the spray gun and the amount of paint coming out i guess

DB9

I know this is on a much bigger scale but how frigging awesome is this?