• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Moaning & Groaning: Perspective.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
and it still is in our own hands. Yes, we are three points behind 7th placed Newport, but we still have to play them. If we win that game we overtake them , courtesy of our superior goal difference.
PS also if we win all our remaining games we also overtake FGR - 5 points behind them, but with a game in hand and due to play them too....

I was responding to a post that said its out of our hands. It isn't. If we win our remaining games we overtake Newport and FGR and finish 6th.

The only relevant side below us with a game in hand is Carlisle. But they are 3 points behind with a poor goal difference. So they wouldn't overtake us if we win our remaining games.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
O.K. folks, we were served up a portion of utter dross this afternoon
Not just this afternoon though is it, we were dire at Port Vale and even though we beat Salford it was very uninspiring stuff.

We are in a massive rut at the moment and we currently look like a poor league 2 side.

Alistair20000

Not just this afternoon though is it, we were dire at Port Vale and even though we beat Salford it was very uninspiring stuff.

We are in a massive rut at the moment and we currently look like a poor league 2 side.
As with FGR.

We seem to have been in the same place in the table for a while too

Oldsmobile-88

50/50 to make the playoffs if the Grecians get out of this rut in the next week.
Not holding out for much at the Abbey Stadium on Saturday but a point would lift morale & would be a good building block for a final push for the playoffs.

I have not seen the last few games on ifollow but it sounds like the biggest challenge yet for MT to turn around this poor run at just the wrong time in the season.

dontpassback

I expected Sir Walter to rock up fairly quickly.
My daughter went to North Carolina,Raleigh was one place she went and thought it was lovely (not on topic but hey ho )

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

A few weeks ago we were within touching distance of several clubs, now we are fighting for the final play off spot.

Oldsmobile-88

My daughter went to North Carolina,Raleigh was one place she went and thought it was lovely (not on topic but hey ho )
Former exeweb poster Brian Moore lived there for a few years in the early 2000s...

geoffwp

A few weeks ago we were within touching distance of several clubs, now we are fighting for the final play off spot.
Quoting your own posts is either a sign of vanity or early dementia PC. I certainly hope it isnt the latter.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quoting your own posts is either a sign of vanity or early dementia PC. I certainly hope it isnt the latter.
Good job I have not done it then !

geoffwp

Good job I have not done it then !