• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Moaning & Groaning: Perspective.

raleighnc

Just a lot of repetitive negativity from you today gaffer which partly encouraged me to post this thread.
Negativity for you is just reality for the rest of us.We are actually on the same side!

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're in rank bad form at the wrong time.

I reckon most would've accepted this position if offered at the start of the season it's the concern that last season we didn't have the legs to sustain automatic promotion and this year we look like running out of steam for the playoffs

raleighnc

Gaffer eh, I’m flattered. Sorry but as a long, long term supporter I am concerned about the future direction of the club.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not in our own hands anymore.As well as a big change in luck ,we have to turn our dire form around by 180 degrees. I don't give up easily on anything,so I'm not going to write off City yet.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not in our own hands anymore.As well as a big change in luck ,we have to turn our dire form around by 180 degrees. I don't give up easily on anything,so I'm not going to write off City yet.
and it still is in our own hands. Yes, we are three points behind 7th placed Newport, but we still have to play them. If we win that game we overtake them , courtesy of our superior goal difference.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
All very well Al , but I have to ask it.Do we really want the playoffs?
My question would be do we really want them. The cons extends the season, delays work starting on the pitch and MT being able to start his rebuilding of the squad, cost of putting on the games without any income to offset them other than TV money ......win them get promoted straight back down. Pros maybe if we won might help attract better quality players but by no mean certain apart from that cannot really think of any others.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry guys this keeps coming up as a duplicate of my post.....hope this now leaves just the original one lol.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
and it still is in our own hands. Yes, we are three points behind 7th placed Newport, but we still have to play them. If we win that game we overtake them , courtesy of our superior goal difference.
Indeed but what about the sides behind us? We can go on about how we can catch the likes of Morecambe and Newport but the likes of Bradford, Salford, Orient and even Carlisle could catch us.

Legohead

Banned
Just a lot of repetitive negativity from you today gaffer which partly encouraged me to post this thread.
I must admit to a fair bit of negativity on here this evening also Ali. Some of it OTT and some not. I have always been a bit unbalanced though. :p

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed but what about the sides behind us? We can go on about how we can catch the likes of Morecambe and Newport but the likes of Bradford, Salford, Orient and even Carlisle could catch us.
........Spot on.