• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Midweek League 2 matches impacting Exeter City MDT

OmanGrecian

There are 3 games tonight in League 2, all of which can have an impact on where City finish.

Colchester v Bradford
Orient v Northampton
Macclesfield v Crewe

Here's hoping for a draw for the first one and wins for Orient and Macclesfield.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are 3 games tonight in League 2, all of which can have an impact on where City finish.

Colchester v Bradford
Orient v Northampton
Macclesfield v Crewe

Here's hoping for a draw for the first one and wins for Orient and Macclesfield.
That's the ultimate from our perspective, but even draws at Orient and Macc would take two points off each of two of our rivals. With regard to a post on another thread, I heartily concur with the wish that the Colchester/Bradford match not only is a draw, but turns out to be a very physically draining affair with both teams the kicking the proverbial "brown smelly stuff" out of each other ! Even any card resulting in a suspension for a Colchester player on Saturday, would a nice little bonus too !

Avening Posse

I will be keeping a keen eye on this. Crewe have played away at Macclesfield 4 times and are yet to win there. Let's hope that run continues. I reckon Northampton will win, Orient are dire currently. I'm expecting Colchester to win but will be over the moon if it's a draw

andrew p long

That's the ultimate from our perspective, but even draws at Orient and Macc would take two points off each of two of our rivals. With regard to a post on another thread, I heartily concur with the wish that the Colchester/Bradford match not only is a draw, but turns out to be a very physically draining affair with both teams the kicking the proverbial "brown smelly stuff" out of each other ! Even any card resulting in a suspension for a Colchester player on Saturday, would a nice little bonus too !
What we really want , as well as the above, is a 22 player brawl, in which all the substitutes also get involved with the ref dishing out 36 red cards with three match bans for all involved Starting immediately.

surely that’s not too much to ask?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't we want Colchester to beat Bradford?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok just checked the table and agree a draw would be best

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No - draw. There's only a point between them. A draw does neither side any good in terms of catching us.

EDIT: Written simultaneously with Snoop Fog's reply to his own post!

IndoMike

I'd settle for 3 draws, but ain't gonna happen

Alistair20000

What we really want , as well as the above, is a 22 player brawl, in which all the substitutes also get involved with the ref dishing out 36 red cards with three match bans for all involved Starting immediately.

surely that’s not too much to ask?
Could be on if card happy Hutt Brextable is blowing the whistle. :)

Colesman Ballz

No early goals in any of tonight's matches so far.