• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Message to Both Boards.......

StudentGrecian

Interesting interview from KN suggesting a forum to give fans more insight into the running of club. Suggests they know patience is wearing thin.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting interview from KN suggesting a forum to give fans more insight into the running of club. Suggests they know patience is wearing thin.
Could the Coaches/Staff pass that on to both boards?

StudentGrecian

I don't really know what I was expecting, but we've not had anything from the boards since Nick Hawker did that interview agreeing that communication from both boards to the fans has been incredibly poor.

Understandably NH isn't in a position to do much at the minute, but the fact it is left to KN to try to bridge that gap suggests they've not really acted upon the issues they previously identified with comms. Maybe we could hear what they are putting in place to address the comms issues from those still in place? The reply from Clive Harrison to Gordon/David about Ash's incident was really poor and answered nothing, suggesting they just wish to sweep it under the carpet. Personally I've never felt more disconnected from the club + Trust boards.

Before anyone jumps on it, I'm not asking for a GC update, they are backing him they've explained that and we don't need to hear it again.

Last edited:

SaintJames

I don't really know what I was expecting, but we've not had anything from the boards since Nick Hawker did that interview agreeing that communication from both boards to the fans has been incredibly poor.

Understandably NH isn't in a position to do much at the minute, but the fact it is left to KN to try to bridge that gap suggests they've not really acted upon the issues they previously identified with comms. Maybe we could hear what they are putting in place to address the comms issues from those still in place? The reply from Clive Harrison to Gordon/David about Ash's incident was really poor and answered nothing, suggesting they just wish to sweep it under the carpet. Personally I've never felt more disconnected from the club + Trust boards.

Before anyone jumps on it, I'm not asking for a GC update, they are backing him they've explained that and we don't need to hear it again.
why on earth is kN having to do this when either taggy or realistically our awoL Chief exec could do so. i can see the relevance of a chief exec I dont see the point in having one who thinks his role is a once a year fans forum

ExmouthMart

why on earth is kN having to do this when either taggy or realistically our awoL Chief exec could do so. i can see the relevance of a chief exec I dont see the point in having one who thinks his role is a once a year fans forum
That meet and greet was to introduce him to the supporters and show he was doing us a favour and what a good chap he is by doing the CEO job in his ‘spare’ time (Is he between jobs?!) and for free, apart from a few things to help with being based in Kent. He also seemed more of a Gillingham fan and only a very occasional City fan over the years. Surely for such a ‘front of house’ job someone a bit more local would have been more appropriate. Isn’t Julian Tagg the most recognisable face at City anyway and own the copyright to ‘My part in saving Exeter City all those years ago’?!

StudentGrecian

Problem with rolling Taggy out these days is they then have to roll someone else out the following week to correct the rubbish he has spouted.

i8cornwall

I think the answer is quite simple make KN Cheif Exec, I actually really like KN as a person and a coach but he can't do much worse can he?

Club seems to be able to place people with zero or little experience into key roles so Kevin would fit that mould at least!

SaintJames

I think the answer is quite simple make KN Cheif Exec, I actually really like KN as a person and a coach but he can't do much worse can he?

Club seems to be able to place people with zero or little experience into key roles so Kevin would fit that mould at least!
Possibly said either in jest or tongue in cheek but I think KN would be an excellent CEO. He is local, speaks well and knows the club inside out. He would certainly be taken seriously as opposed to a very part time Gillingham supporter who we havent heard from in what four months?