• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Merchandise.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
For once: superb!

Club is looking for new sponsor, so would imagine no re-stock.
What’s happened with carpetright then ?

tom_ecfc

What’s happened with carpetright then ?
End of the contract and the club are looking elsewhere. I guess for a larger fee? Or, Carpetright have decided to not renew due to a change in their commercial activity?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
End of the contract and the club are looking elsewhere. I guess for a larger fee? Or, Carpetright have decided to not renew due to a change in their commercial activity?
Second reason, I would have thought.

Thanks for the info 👍

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess the club are always hoping for a larger fee.

That aside, I’d imagine the main shirt sponsor would have an option to prolong their sponsorship, subject to certain T&Cs, should they want to do so.

I have no inside knowledge, but I do know Carpetrights’s CEO, Wilf Walsh, is a big City fan who lives locally. I suspect when Flybe’s demise left City without a sponsor, he was happy that his firm should fill the void, but that it was never intended to be any more than a short-term thing.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Carpetright - I even got a good deal in that place 40 mileish W of Exeter much to the Green Pasty Eating manager !
UTC

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given Big Yin Gary promoting "Semper Fidelis" what about some merch with this on ?
UTC

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster