• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Merchandise.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this really the way we're operating? Big news: goalie kit!! Two weeks later big news: bucket hats!! Two months ago big news: beach towels!! For goodness sake ECFC stop ******* about and just do it properly. As other have mentioned, down the road do a full range of merchandise to cater for everyone's needs. Granted we're not half the size they are, but even so is this really the best we can do - a hat this week, towels the next, keepers' kits two months after the keepers started wearing them?

Our merchandising operation really is a laughing stock (or lack thereof), just why is it so difficult to offer a couple of t-shirts and hoodies? We always used to, why are we so abjectly poor at this now? Not everyone wants a replica shirt and a f**ing school stationery set.

fred binneys head

I imagine the t-shirts will be available in December if you can get through the snow to buy one, and the thick, warm hoodies will arrive next June.

Alfie 1966

Is this really the way we're operating? Big news: goalie kit!! Two weeks later big news: bucket hats!! Two months ago big news: beach towels!! For goodness sake ECFC stop ******* about and just do it properly. As other have mentioned, down the road do a full range of merchandise to cater for everyone's needs. Granted we're not half the size they are, but even so is this really the best we can do - a hat this week, towels the next, keepers' kits two months after the keepers started wearing them?

Our merchandising operation really is a laughing stock (or lack thereof), just why is it so difficult to offer a couple of t-shirts and hoodies? We always used to, why are we so abjectly poor at this now? Not everyone wants a replica shirt and a f**ing school stationery set.
Plus when they do get hoodies etc can we cater for the xxxl supporter ( joma sizes ?? )

Grecian Max

The offering is excruciatingly poor, especially in a boom time for football fashion. Naff items will always scrape pennies, even Torquay have been forward thinking with their kits in recent years - the lack of sponsor replaced with their founding year meant shirt enthusiasts bought into it. Not saying we should have followed that model but there's loads of stuff that could be done if any effort was put in.

And that's the thing - there is clearly no effort. It deserves the criticism because it's quite blatant.

The lack of creative thinking is pretty astounding. The social team and Scott in particular have been brilliant at helping to lift the brand and make us look like a modern football club, but this shouldn't be their area as they have their own stuff to work on.

It needs a professional eye and professional budget.

KentGrecian

The physical shop space is a problem , I always feel that I have to rush around because there's no room to spend too much time lingering ! Agree with A. Moxey RE merchandising operation, quite embarrassing. Even the website seems to be something I could make in Year 10 ict.

SaintJames

The physical shop space is a problem , I always feel that I have to rush around because there's no room to spend too much time lingering ! Agree with A. Moxey RE merchandising operation, quite embarrassing. Even the website seems to be something I could make in Year 10 ict.
Kent, I have to disagree the shop size isn't the issue. I have visited many club shops and ours is actually bigger than most in the lower two leagues and is bigger than some in the division above. I dont understand why the commercial team hasnt got to grips with it the complaints have been numerous over at least three years - plenty of time to get it sorted!

Grecian68

Kent, I have to disagree the shop size isn't the issue. I have visited many club shops and ours is actually bigger than most in the lower two leagues and is bigger than some in the division above. I dont understand why the commercial team hasnt got to grips with it the complaints have been numerous over at least three years - plenty of time to get it sorted!
Taunton Town’s shop is run by a volunteer, yet is always releasing new stock
He reacts to feedback on what would sell, and sells stuff at the right time of year, and they seem to do well(does help that they have a following in Japan)
They are Joma as well, yet they don’t have a shortage of sizes.

KentGrecian

Yes, come to think of it, many shops are smaller than ours! Let's hope for some Christmas goodies...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yes, come to think of it, many shops are smaller than ours! Let's hope for some Christmas goodies...
One would hope that the seasonal goodies (including Halloween) will be in there very soon.

tom_ecfc

They are Joma as well, yet they don’t have a shortage of sizes.
Would I be right in saying they have a ‘stock’ shirt where as ours is a design?