• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Merchandise.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not up for blocking as it's a person's choice if they want this sort of material, but the frustrating part is that the club aren't seeming to be looking at these options of merchandising, hopefully this year with new commercial bod there will be a change.

This is being sold as Exeter, not City Chiefs Saracens or Falcons (those were the days), just Exeter and could apply to any activity associated with the city regardless of the vendor putting the word football on it, particularly as they use the castle emblem.
They do have a jacket with "Grecians" embroidered on to it although City's trademark is "The Grecians" so not sure how much they can get away with. Missing out "City" and only using only the castle emblem which is part of the city coat of arms obviously is enough for them not to fall foul of trademark regs.

Colesman Ballz

They do have a jacket with "Grecians" embroidered on to it although City's trademark is "The Grecians" so not sure how much they can get away with. Missing out "City" and only using only the castle emblem which is part of the city coat of arms obviously is enough for them not to fall foul of trademark regs.
Use of the City coat of Arms requires permission from Exeter City Council, which I believe we had to get before using it on our kit etc.
These and other chancers are making serious sums of money purely for their own. pockets. I don't believe that we should be giving them a vehicle for their trade which ultimately will compete with either the Club's own product, or that of any officially licensed products which generate royalties to the Club's coffers.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
🛍 Back in business!

After a refresh, our @ECFCshop Twitter account is back online.

Check out our latest summer accessories and grab all your Grecian gear in-store on online ahead of the upcoming @SkyBetLeagueOne campaign 💪

#ECFC #OneGrecianGoal https://t.co/YzR3IbNnlp

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
🛍 Back in business!

After a refresh, our @ECFCshop Twitter account is back online.

Check out our latest summer accessories and grab all your Grecian gear in-store on online ahead of the upcoming @SkyBetLeagueOne campaign 💪

#ECFC #OneGrecianGoal https://t.co/YzR3IbNnlp
I'm not sure it's obvious enough that this is an Exeter City towel - it could easily be mistaken for another team that play in red and white. I think they should have added at least one more 'Exeter City' on there 🤔

20220614_120304.jpg

Pete Martin (CTID)

The Exeter City Trade Marks are viewable on line:

Exeter City Trade Marks

The criminal offence section of the Trade Marks Act talks about a sign identical to, or likely to be mistaken for

(I should add that I am not familiar with the Copyright Act - Edit)
Interesting. I seem to remember that the old club Crest was never a registered trade mark.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting. I seem to remember that the old club Crest was never a registered trade mark.
Wasn't that because it's basically just the City of Exeter's coat of arms?

Tim Long

I'm not sure it's obvious enough that this is an Exeter City towel - it could easily be mistaken for another team that play in red and white. I think they should have added at least one more 'Exeter City' on there 🤔

View attachment 8680
Are you sure this isn't a drone photo of a crop 'circle' ? Even the aliens are celebrating City's promotion (except the little green men, of course)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We've ended our relationship with the Terrace Store. No idea why, as they have supplied some very decent stuff and the retro shirts were top notch. They provided an excellent infill for products that the Club don't/won't sell.

Poor decision in my mind. :(

Rosencrantz

We've ended our relationship with the Terrace Store. No idea why, as they have supplied some very decent stuff and the retro shirts were top notch. They provided an excellent infill for products that the Club don't/won't sell.

Poor decision in my mind. :(
Maybe the new commercial/retail people have plans to step things up?

iscalad

Maybe the new commercial/retail people have plans to step things up?
We live in hope