• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Merchandise.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone else really disappointed at the merchandise currently on offer at the club? When asked by the family what I’d like for Christmas I said I’d quite like some City stuff and (yes, sorry) some Miami Dolphins stuff. All I got was Dolphins stuff and when I asked why no City stuff was told that either there wasn’t any, it looked rubbish or there just wasn’t much of a choice.

Now, I realise that Exeter City won’t be in the same league as the Miami Dolphins for anything commercial, not by a long shot, but having a look on the web site they are absolutely right - what’s on offer is absolutely *****. No t-shirts (except one rainbow one) but half a dozen polos, no jackets, hoodies, sweatshirts, baseball caps or mugs, just replica kits and kids’ stationery.

Surely it can’t be that difficult to knock up a few T-shirts, sweatshirts or hoodies? I don’t think the shop fares much better either, and if it does, why isn’t it up on the web page (and why do we still have Lee Holmes modeling stuff?). So all in all, sat here in my Dolphins T shirt and hoody, I have to say I think we’re doing a pretty poor effort at giving supporters stuff to spend their money on and should - and could - be doing an awful lot more.

elginCity

The same thought struck me browsing in the club shop recently, more like a closing down sale. Figure there must be a reason.

fred binneys head

I agree, I’ve been trying to get a Large away shirt since September. And when I was in the shop for the Tranmere game, I left without buying anything, which is a first for me.

I agree, I’ve been trying to get a Large away shirt since September. And when I was in the shop for the Tranmere game, I left without buying anything, which is a first for me.
I'll keep this brief... just to say that today I'm proudly wearing a Christmas present from my daughter, which she bought in the club shop - my ECFC pants. Great support from me to them and them to me.

paperclip

Anyone else really disappointed at the merchandise currently on offer at the club? When asked by the family what I’d like for Christmas I said I’d quite like some City stuff and (yes, sorry) some Miami Dolphins stuff. All I got was Dolphins stuff and when I asked why no City stuff was told that either there wasn’t any, it looked rubbish or there just wasn’t much of a choice.

Now, I realise that Exeter City won’t be in the same league as the Miami Dolphins for anything commercial, not by a long shot, but having a look on the web site they are absolutely right - what’s on offer is absolutely *****. No t-shirts (except one rainbow one) but half a dozen polos, no jackets, hoodies, sweatshirts, baseball caps or mugs, just replica kits and kids’ stationery.

Surely it can’t be that difficult to knock up a few T-shirts, sweatshirts or hoodies? I don’t think the shop fares much better either, and if it does, why isn’t it up on the web page (and why do we still have Lee Holmes modeling stuff?). So all in all, sat here in my Dolphins T shirt and hoody, I have to say I think we’re doing a pretty poor effort at giving supporters stuff to spend their money on and should - and could - be doing an awful lot more.
Excellent post, I agree with everything you have said. Our merchandise has been pretty poor for as long as I can remember, I can only assume there isn't enough margin in sales to make it worthwhile to offer anything better.

I highlighted your last sentence as I assume having a reasonably well-stocked club shop can only help towards fan engagement and supporter experience etc, something the club is obviously keen to put a great deal of effort into. Something of an oversight therefore?

Antony Moxey

We do seem to have a reasonably large turnover in commercial staff over that last couple of years - perhaps the new incumbents are too keen to please and concentrating on the big money spinners rather than the nitty gritty. We seem to have the same tired old jumble sale rejects on sale for years now.

Where are the new lines and fresh items? Not everyone wants replica shirts and training kit. You can’t even get a decent mug and a car sticker these days.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a wider problem.

Go into any clothing or gift shop and they are generally full of S and M sizes but few L and XL, they tell you the larger sizes have sold out. Primark and M&S, probably high fashion places too. All are guilty. Why do purchasing managers keep doing this? Surely market research should have told them years ago that people are getting larger and adults are their biggest market?

iscalad

We do seem to have a reasonably large turnover in commercial staff over that last couple of years - perhaps the new incumbents are too keen to please and concentrating on the big money spinners rather than the nitty gritty. We seem to have the same tired old jumble sale rejects on sale for years now.

Where are the new lines and fresh items? Not everyone wants replica shirts and training kit. You can’t even get a decent mug and a car sticker these days.
No pens at the last home match either.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No pens at the last home match either.
Matt Jay missed them.

ryancooper327

In case anyone with authority is watching… I’d definitely buy a Harrington with something like this stitched on - obviously ECFC not ESC… Could probably mark these up fairly high too and make a fair bit.

1794D67E-FB44-4BE2-B6DC-1A25FBB6C759.jpeg

45174CDB-317F-4F24-9F69-7357293D95DF.png